Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga)
EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga)
(11-29-2019, 01:17 PM)bonjour Wrote: OSCAR charts of the data, including Left margin with settings and stats minus pie and calendar
Events, Flow Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Volume, Respiration Rate (for detailed breathing overview)
page 2 
Events, Flow Rate, Flow Limits, Mask Pressure, Leak Rate, Snores (for context and completeness)
Attached are the screen shots for my sleep data from last night corresponding to the collection of the first of twelve runs that will make up the designed experiment on the EERS.  The EPR(Min Pressure),EERS pair combination for this run on 11/29/2019 was 3(8),0.  Max Pressure was 16 (this will not change).

I'm sending this primarily so that you can review the configuration of the charts and confirm that I have set the charts up correctly. 

Any other comments you have about the data are of course welcome. 

Finally, is there a way to save these chart configurations or must I change them manually for each days data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fabrication of an Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS)
On the charts, Pin Events and Flow Rate (Events are already pined).
order page 2 differences (Flow Limits, Mask Pressure, Leak Rate, Snores) to follow the page 1 charts. T^hat way for the second screen shot all you have to do is scroll to show the desired charts.

Looking at the Tidal Volume, Folw Rate, and supported by Minute Vent and Respiration Rate, I believe the clusters of CA at both the begining and end of the night were while awake or waking/falling Asleep and are not valid centrals and should be discounted That leaves me with a count of 7 Centrals 2230 and 0530 (7 hrs for a total CAI of 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fabrication of an Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS)
I have requested a thread split to accommodate the experiment
Everyone please prevent clutter in this thread and if you have questions or comments pleas make then in the following thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Space-EERS
Post Reply Post Reply
EERS Experiment Data - Seq #2 Design #8
11/30/2019 EPR(Min Press),EERS pair = 0(5),0

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga)
Unsurprisingly, lowering your min pressure from 8 to 5 and turning off EPR made flow limitations a lot worse... but CAs look similar?

Nov 29
[Image: g7fHQLL.jpg]
[Image: lNYPKNL.jpg]
Nov 30
[Image: Rx6YUem.jpg]
[Image: 75ZwB5O.jpg]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dropping EERS should increase Centrals
Dropping EPR   should decrease Centrals
Apparently by roughly the same amount
And the Flow Limits decrease with increased EPR which is as expected

Now if the remaining data will validate these results.
Post Reply Post Reply
EERS Experiment Data - Seq #3 Design #5
12/01/2019 EPR(Min Press),EERS pair = 3(8),18
[Edit: Changed wrong date originally entered as 11/30/2019 to correct date, 12/01/2019.]

Event numbers are again good!  Last 5 CA events were all after I was awake.  If we discount similarly clustered CA events, as Fred advised for the Nov 29 data, these should probably be discounted, too.  The first CA event was probably before I was asleep, but not sure.  

Flow limits are present and maybe slightly above those for the Nov 29 data, but are less than for Nov 30 data. 

Tidal Volume is significantly up for this run with the 18-inch EERS.  What does that mean?

Observation: First time to use 18 inches of EERS.  I felt as if I was working a bit harder to breathe; as if I had stepped into a sauna.  At times, respiration rate seemed noticeably more rapid, but analysis/comparison of data should indicate whether that was true.  I was not uncomfortable with the sauna effect or the respiration rate but some EERS users might be, so it is worth noting.  

My wife made a quilted wrap from 1) quilt batting, 2) felt-like material, and 3) Velcro strips for the 18-inch EERS that we hoped would minimize "rainout".  See combined picture: top - fully wrapped, middle - Velcro partially separated, and bottom - unwrapped.  It worked! There was condensation, but not enough accumulation for it to ever flow onto my face and be annoying.

Post Reply Post Reply
A lot better than my solution lol (t-shirt wrapped around tubing). Can you post some close ups of the flow rate where you're not having an event?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS Experiment Data - Seq #3 Design #5
(12-02-2019, 07:31 AM)sherwoga Wrote: Tidal Volume is significantly up for this run with the 18-inch EERS.  What does that mean?

My hypothesis is that TV/MV will go up relative to the amount of deadspace. So 18-inches should result in higher TV/MV than 12-inches, which should be higher than 6.

Will see what the graphs look like in the end though!

But this brings up a bigger question: what is an appropriate range of TV/MV, and what is too much?

I don't know; there was some discussion of this on my thread, but no real conclusions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS Experiment Data - Seq #3 Design #5
(12-02-2019, 07:31 AM)sherwoga Wrote: 11/30/2019 EPR(Min Press),EERS pair = 3(8),18

Event numbers are again good!  Last 5 CA events were all after I was ...

The sub heading should designate this as 12/01, not 11/30.  Is there a way to edit a posted entry to make corrections like was required here? [Edit: I solved my editing limitation and have made this correction in Post #7.]

Also, when I'm editing sometimes the "inserted attachements" appear in the "Preview" as functional thumbnails and other times they come in simple as place holders (non-functional) and I can't really check them.  This is annoying.  Is there a fix? Am I doing something to make this happen?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 6 1,152 10-11-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape. Rich66 0 475 10-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Can I test myself for sleep apnea? I want to experiment with different approaches HoloPed 4 709 10-11-2022, 04:10 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Risks using EERS? SenatorBirch 13 1,165 09-14-2022, 05:15 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Fragmented Sleep, FLs, Suspected UARS, REM Related. 5 Months of Optimization + EERS. pineh 10 2,524 08-09-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Silvia10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.