Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P Brevida [An excellent alternative to the ResMed P10]
RE: [split] F&P Brevida [An excellent alternative to the ResMed P10]
Never knew this mask existed and with some of the cited issues of the P10 I will certainly be talking my gear provider to see if they stock the f&p.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am  not sure what i used in my titer test but It was a F&P nasal pillow. I think the Brevida and also the Pilairo kind of have a similar design where the pillows are protected by a kind of 'nose guard' that keeps them in place better than other nasal pillow masks I have tried. I'm going to try one of them next when I can get a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had the Brevida for a year and a bit, and it's great.  

No leaks that I can tell of (I'm assuming the leaks I do have are mostly mouth leaks).  However, my max pressure is only around 13, so unfortunately I can't attest to whether it would still hold at higher pressures like 23 as asked by JJJ.  The way it seals around the nose, though, I don't see why it wouldn't.  Worth a shot!

For those with a mustache, I think it depends on how you trim it.  I kept (past tense - it's gone now) my mustache fairly neat and didn't have any problems. Again, worth a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
Check out the CPAP Mask Reviews section on this forum for further reading on this mask, including a review by yours truly. Big Grinnie

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-P-Brevida
Post Reply Post Reply
I've wanted to try the Brevida, but haven't been able to find it on Amazon. I'm due for a new mask from my DME, and I haven't been able to decide on what to get, so I'll see if they have this one.

I do love the P10 (although it stopped working for me... probably due to these known issues), and your points against it are quite funny and true.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2019, 01:57 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: I've wanted to try the Brevida, but haven't been able to find it on Amazon.  I'm due for a new mask from my DME, and I haven't been able to decide on what to get, so I'll see if they have this one.

I do love the P10 (although it stopped working for me... probably due to these known issues), and your points against it are quite funny and true.

I am on the search also and it looks like supplier 32 and 34 look to be the cheapest.

I am in New Zealand and the local suppliers here want NZ$295 give or take whereas the Canadian suppliers are CND$99 to CND$117 from those 2 suppliers and NZ$ = CND$ give or take less than $10.00 Plus no prescription required.
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry, to be a johnny come lately to this discussion. I've been away for a while.

what's the serious design problem with the p10?

they tried half dozen masks on me for overnight titration 2.5 years ago. none worked with full beard/mustache except p10. I've haven't looked back since. works great for me, never leaks even up to almost 25cm on asv. mine are all lip leaks, mitigated (mostly) by wearing a soft cervical collar. still using original hose, mask frame, and headgear/strap and have 3 medium pillows that I rotate through periodically.

but if there's some kind of recall-worthy design flaw (a health issue?), I'd like to learn more. an explanation or a link would be great. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The surface tension of water is too high.  Should you happen to get moisture into the P10 mesh filters it will disturb the exhalation of CO2 (by not exiting the mask) and impact your breathing.  It doesn't sound like you have this problem though.
Post Reply Post Reply
hmm. thanks bonjour. how would one know other than finding moisture in diffuser? harder to exhale, mask leak on exhale, increased apnea, or go right to asphyxiation? (I hope the latter is a joke.) think I'll try that new frame I have lying around waiting for the old one to give up the ghost; see if there's a difference.

I shouldn't say this aloud (knocking on wood now) but I've never had rainout. I keep water in the humidifier tank but most of the year I don't turn it on. still, after 2.5 years with the same mask frame I've recently noticed a bit of condensation on my mustache. til now I've assumed it's the result of mouth leak (air, not saliva) but now I wonder if it's insufficient exhaust through the mesh. I'll have to pay attention to the condition of the exhalation port next time. also, I've been wondering if eventually that mesh gets clogged with dirt despite fairly frequent cleaning. looks clean but it's hard to tell.

I've read here and elsewhere conflicting reports about brevida with mustaches and it seems that options are otherwise limited for we hairy face guys. guess the only way to know is to try. meanwhile, I'd love to hear from more mustachio'd guys who've tried it.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my fourth mask and I like it the best.
The downside is I sometimes get too much pressure on the tip of my nose. I can loosen the straps. (Why would anyone make headgear non-adjustable?) But it seems if I loosen them so it does not press on the tip of my nose, then any bump will cause leakage. I think I need size large, but I understand the biggest option is medium/ large.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 408 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 355 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 852 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 5 3,229 09-13-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Nasal Pillow Sizing F&P Brevida Columbiabill 0 447 09-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.