Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
RE: [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
Hi Red,
Looking at the available info I don't think the lack of static IP is an issue - I can work around that.  And if the only thing the Arduino IDE and re-flash would be required for is to disable the blinking LED, I can work around that too.  So I'm still interested.

Do you know if this device stays configured thru a poweroff?

Do you feel able to do a step-by-step for those less technical at some point?

Thanks for all your info - very helpful.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
It has a NVRAM area that allows for the storage of the SSID and password.  The flashing LED is on the back of the card when inserted in the CPAP.  I noticed that if you modify the Resmed's slot for direct insertion, the door blocks most of the light.  If using a cable extender, then you should be able to position the card in a fashion that would render this annoyance null. One good thing about the LED is it lets you know when it has negotiated a connection.

As far as a step-by-step;  I arrived here about an hour before you on this subject.  My metaphor for this would be, "An idiot would be leading the blind".  Of course, I will answer any question that I'm able to.

-Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2021, 12:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Yes, it requires that you supply your own micro SD card.   Finding a 32 GB or less is starting to be a challenge.   While there are still cards to be had, the ranks are thinning out.  I went back and looked at the 2 pack I just purchased on Amazon, and it was already out of stock.  The only 32 GB cards from that supplier was a pack of five.

Hi Red,
I just got a pair of SanDisk micro SD cards on Amazon:  search for "Sandisk 32GB 32G Ultra Micro SD HC Class 10 TF Flash SDHC Memory Card - SDSQUNB-032G-GN3MN".  Last I checked they were $7.49 each, and come with an SD card carrier.
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an update:  Went to buy one of these Wifi cards on Amazon, and it is "Currently unavailable".  I'm looking at alternate sources, but nothing looks enticing right now.
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered mine from Aliexpress - including shipping it was $17.03.  Ordered it on 3/10, today it has now cleared US Customs.  Hope to get it in a short time.  

I don't mind ordering little stuff from Aliexpress.  Sometimes it takes a while, but I've always received what I've ordered.  I bought a whole set of 6 6" x 2" diamond sharpening plates in various grits for the cost of one from A.  If you order from vendors with high volume sold and 5 stars, I've found the experience to be very good.  Also have purchased some small machine tool items like reamers for very cheap.  Just can't be in a hurry!

For what it is worth - the FYSETC Official Store on Aliexpress is offering a discount right now (at least to me).  $15.50 + $0.53 shipping.  That's $16.03, not too bad.
Post Reply Post Reply
Received my SD-WIFI card today.  10 days from order to receipt.  Now to read all of the previous posts in this thread to try to figure all this out.
My SD card extender has not arrived yet, but I expect it early next week.  Both items were ordered from Aliexpress on March 10th.

Gee, if they only made this card 5-6mm longer, it would be so much easier...
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't get this project to compile.  Which version of SdFat is required?  V2 or V1.  The project page on github doesn't mention which one.
Actually Arduino is getting confused as to which libs to use.  It chose the SdFat that I installed from the link on the project page.

ESP8266SdFat is provided by the board support package.  
FYSETC said to download SdFat from Bill Greiman.  Neither the latest V2, nor the latest V1 seem to work.

I am using esp8266/2.7.4 libraries.

How does one contact GerogeFu?

Here's the last first few lines of the error log followed by the last few lines.  In verbose mode it was 395 lines long!
Code:
Arduino: 1.8.13 (Linux), Board: "Generic ESP8285 Module, 80 MHz, Flash, Legacy (new can return nullptr), All SSL ciphers (most compatible), dtr (aka nodemcu), 26 MHz, 1MB (FS:64KB OTA:~470KB), 2, v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"
Have no idea if the basic configuration is correct.
Code:
Multiple libraries were found for "SdFat.h"
Used: /home/pi/Arduino/libraries/SdFat
Not used: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.4/libraries/ESP8266SdFat
Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.4/libraries/ESP8266WiFi
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.4/libraries/SPI
Using library SdFat at version 2.0.5 in folder: /home/pi/Arduino/libraries/SdFat
Using library Hash at version 1.0 in folder: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.4/libraries/Hash
Using library EEPROM at version 1.0 in folder: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.4/libraries/EEPROM
exit status 1
no matching function for call to 'SdFat32::begin(int&, SPISettings&)'
Kind of surprised to have this many errors on what is supposed to be a working product...  Hopefully it's just that I'm using the wrong settings or libs.  Never played around with ESP8266 stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
Who is George Fu?   Are you are able to connect to the FYSETC card and set up a wireless connection using the M codes?   Unless you are modifying the code, there isn't any reason to flash the firmware.  

I am providing the steps in the order they need to be performed.
  1. Watch in its entirety, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnQ7pxHB7hs
    Note: it is in Chinese but has English subtitles.  This video will familiarize you with the steps below.

2. If you haven't, download the firmware code: https://github.com/FYSETC/ESPWebDAV
    • Extract the code to a directory.
    • Rename the directory, ESPWebDAV
  3. Enter this directory and double-click on the ESPWebDAV.ino file.  This should open this project in the Arduino IDE.

4. Insert the following in File > Preferences > Settings > Additional Board Manager URLs: https://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json

5. Go to Tools > Board > Boards Manager and download: esp8266 V2.4.0

6. Go to Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries and download: sdfat v 1.1.4

7. Make sure that the card's selector switch is set to: USB2UART

8. Connect board via USB - Press and hold the FLASH (FLSH) button while plugging in the cable to the PC. This button is the one that is closest to the center of the card. [The other button is the reset (RST)].

9. Check Tools > Port and make sure that you are connected to the correct Com port.

10. Tools > Board > ESP8266 Modules: Generic ESP8285 Module

You are now ready to flash.  I would suggest that prior to actually flashing the card, you verify the code by selecting the checkmark icon, directly below the menu item, "File".

Good Luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that ought to help!  I didn't watch the video, and should have. :dopeslap:

I neglected items 1, 4, & 5.  It never could compile.

Will try again with the correct libraries and procedure...  Never plugged it in since the project wouldn't build.

Thanks for the assist Crimson Nape.

Yeah, so using the right libs helps!  Project built.  On to the next step.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would really suggest that you connect to the card using a xterm terminal emulator and test it first using the M-codes prior to any firmware mods.  That way you will know the card is of good working order prior to modifying it.

In a xterm window (I prefer PuTTY - it is available for all OSes and you can save the COM parameters to a profile name)
Use 115200 8-N-1 for the settings.
  • M50 - Enter the SSID - example: M50MyNetwork - returns an "ok"
    Note: If you have spaces in your SSID, try enclosing the name within single or double quotes.

• M51 - To enter the password - example: M51MyPassword - returns an "ok"

• M52 - Connect to the network - example: M52 - Returns several dots until it is connected.  A LED on the board will start to flash when connected as well.

• M53 - Returns network status -  example: M53 - Returns "Connected as //192.168.1.43/DavWWWRoot"

You can also list the SSID and password in a text file named "SETUP.INI".  The file name and parameter fields HAVE to be in uppercase.
Example:
SETUP.INI
SSID=MyNetwork
PASSWORD=SomethingSpecial

After connecting, if you reserve the assigned IP in the DHCP server to the card, you are good to go from then on.  There is no need to modify the firmware.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 25,944 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 163 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 742 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 721 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,390 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,585 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 906 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.