Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
RE: [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
FWIW the video link on the FYSETC/WebDAV github site is a dead link.  It will say the video is unavailable.
The link Crimson Nape supplied is good.

Phew!  Can't keep up.  To follow the procedure you just indicated, how is the board powered, through the cable?  I just plug it in to the board and the usb port?  No button pushing? Do I need a FAT32 formatted SD card to start?  Or can I connect using the "M" commands for the moment?

To make this permanent, I need to edit SETUP.INI by installing in a separate card reader? Then put it back in SD-WIFI?
Post Reply Post Reply
The M-codes will store the data in NVRAM. The USB connection will power the card. You just connect to the board using the USB. Using the Comport name or number assigned to the card, you enter the M-codes via a xterm emulator. - That simple!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My goodness, it's been a long time since I have had to use putty.  It took a while to set it up right.    

It's blinking now.  And connected to my network.  I tried to attach to it remotely, but since there was no SD card in it that failed.  Now to find an SD card that I can steal from one of my RPI's...

I'd like to be able to image my current SDHC card to a microSD.

I plugged in a random small SD card (FAT16 !) and restarted the SDwifi.  If I open a dav://ip/DavWWWRoot I see nothing.  Is the SD card supposed to be initialized with something?

Message on putty console shows:
m: PROPFIND r:0 u: /DavWWWRoot
Processing PROPFIND
Depth: 0
404 Not Found

Slowly getting there...
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card has to have something on it for it to display.  To cover all the bases, try a web search using the term, "mount a WebDAV drive on a fill in your OS here!" (Mac, Linux, or Windows).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that was dumb of me to follow the instructions...  I don't have a file or directory called DavWWWRoot on the SD card...  So I couldn't connect to a non-existent directory.  On an RPI, if I set it up to just dav://my_FYSETC_ip/ I can see the contents of the card!  And copy something over to it.  It seems the WEBDAV firmware does copy over a file called ip.gcode.  It wasn't there before.  It also has a file date of 12/31/1999...

Next step is to image my old Data on my SDHC card over to a microSD.

Now once I do that, do I need to change the position of the switch when it's installed in the PAP machine?
I have noticed this unit cannot read or process files with spaces in the name.  I had a music file with spaces and tried to copy it.  This cause the FYSETC webdav to crash.  Curiously it responds to a ping.

Hope none of the PAP files have spaces...
Otherwise it seems to work, if a little slow.  Still a lot better than me forgetting to install the SD card...
Post Reply Post Reply
I came as far as "Check Tools > Port and make sure that you are connected to the correct Com port."
But Port stays greyed out:

[attachment=30971]

Must the card also be in an SD-slot or not? I tried both without luck...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
When operating in a CPAP, what is the switch position?  Cardreader?

One thing I do notice: if a file is transferred to the FSETC via DAV  from my computer, the timestamp is lost.  (It gets set to 12/31/99  20:00)  So it isn't good to transfer from your machine to the PAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
To get this to work, technically one doesn't even need to use Arduino.  Stubborn people like me had to install the correct libraries and do the compile.  I have not flashed the device.  It isn't necessary, just to get started.  So I exited Arduino to do the next steps.

To get it to connect initially, plug in the USB cable - making sure the switch is in the USB2UART position. The device does not have to be in a card slot.
Then use putty to connect to it.  The tricky part is figuring out which port.  If windows, I'd guess you would use a variant of device manager?  Not sure on a mac.  For linux I checked in /dev to see what showed up when I plugged in the SDwifi card.

Then send the M commands that Crimson Nape showed.  That should get you connected on the SDwifi end.  

It's not all that hard, but the documentation isn't that good.  If it wasn't for Crimson Nape, I'd probably have moved on.  Thanks for all the help Crimson Nape!
Post Reply Post Reply
happydreams:
When using the SDIO connection, you slide the switch to CARDREADER.

The DavWWWRoot is just the initial mount point of the drive and not a directory. On a Windows system this is like pointing to "C:\" or" D:\", etc. On a Linux system this would be like "/dev/sda1". Like normal for me, I have no clue what a Mac is. Big Grin You don't need a directory named, "DavWWWRoot".

For your knowledge; WebDav is a communication protocol (a set of unique commands) that uses port 80 (a standard web page, "http://") to listen on for commands to execute and respond accordingly. FlashAir SD cards use a LUA protocol as its primary communication dialog with WebDAV being a secondary protocol in latter versions of the card.

Arie:
It sounds like you aren't connected via a USB connection. When it's connected it will act like a serial port.

Before connecting with the Arduino IDE, try connecting to the card using the USB port. Just make sure the switch is in the USB2UART position. You don't need a micro SD inserted to do this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, when I saved my SETUP.INI I failed to enter a carriage return after my password. This results in a failure to connect. I had to reconnect via M commands. Then I was able to edit SETUP.INI with a carriage return. (Linux - which if I inspect the file with a hex editor shows 0x0A = LF) After a reset, SD-WIFI read the INI file correctly and connected. Don't know if the file is tolerant of CR LF 0xD 0x0A.

You do not need to do this at all, technically, since the value was stored in NVRAM. However, SETUP.INI will override the NVRAM. So either don't use SETUP.INI (don't have the file at all) or make sure you get it correct. Took me a couple of tries!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 25,916 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 158 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 740 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 717 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,387 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,552 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 903 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.