Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
RE: [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
Nice work!  If I make some progress on this, I will request a copy.

First attempt at pulling it all together wasn't good.  Apparently I didn't properly set up the new microSD card correctly.  The PAP machine complained about a bad SD card.  Basically it said, unplug that broken SD card...   When I plugged the microSD into my computer it complained of a bad super block.  Oops!  

This time I will dd from my ResMed SD card to the microSD.  This will make an exact bit for bit clone of the SD to the microSD.  (They are the same size!)  It's slow, but using this technique, I was able to clone a really slow Win10 HDD to an SSD and it booted and ran perfectly and was literally a 100x faster.  I was so amazed at the speed, I rebooted it, expecting disaster, but the laptop is working so much better now.  So I know dd will work.  Unfortunately I made the blocksize too small, so it's taking a while.  I'm halfway done at 5 minutes.  No big deal.  Done.  At least the ResMed isn't complaining about the SD.

Unfortunately, I can only ping the device.  It is not acting as a webdav device.  Apparently it needs more fiddling with.  Maybe it could use a cap on the card reader?
Post Reply Post Reply
I experienced your problem before. This seems to occur when the CPAP starts to read and write to the card before it is locked in the slot, and it pops out. I've found that it is best to power down the CPAP prior to inserting the SD card or the extension cable. Once inserted, power up.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip!  I'll try that and report back.  brb...  Didn't help.  Unplugged power.  Inserted card extender.  Inserted FYSETC into card extender.  Plugged in ResMed.

How I connect.  Go > Connect to Server

Specify remote folder to connect
Type: WebDAV
Host: ip     Port: 80
Path:  I leave this blank  <-- this has worked before
x Anonymous login

OK

Error
Not a WebDAV enabled share
OK

Error
The specified location is not mounted
OK

I did notice that the card/cable is relatively easy to pull out of the socket of the PAP machine.  But the light is blinking normally, and I can ping the device without any errors.  And the PAP machine is happy about the SD card...

is there some more lower level diagnostic that can be done, so one can see the negotiation?  I have wireshark, but I'm not sure how to set up the filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know nothing about webdav.  Let's get that out of the way.  I wrote a tiny webdav program in python3
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python3
""" Try easywebdav to see whats going on... """

import easywebdav as dav

webdav = dav.connect(
 host='192.168.1.171',
 username='anonymous',
 port='80',
 protocol='http',
 password='')

print( webdav._get_url("") )
print( webdav.ls() )
print( webdav.exists("STR/edf") )
print( webdav.exists("Identification.tgt") )

The output was:

Code:
In [1]: run tbdav.py
http://192.168.1.171:80/dav/
[File(name='/', size=0, mtime='Fri, 30 Nov 1979 00:00:00 GMT', ctime='', contenttype=''), File(name='/Failed to initialize SD Card', size=0, mtime='Fri, 01 Apr 2016 16:07:40 GMT', ctime='', contenttype='application/octet-stream')]
False
False
Did a search on the expression "Failed to initialize SD Card" to see if that was anywhere in ESPWebDAV and it was not found.
That's all I got...  Dont-know  I'm going to pull the unit from the PAP and inspect the "carnage".  Maybe the PAP altered the card?  

NO.  The card is fine.  I pulled the assembly out of the PAP and plugged in the assembly into my card reader on my pc.  Everything is there.  

Ran the script again, but at my desk.  Got identically the same result.  There's a problem with the FYSETC server.  I tried it again and got the server hanging.  Red light is constant on.  Python reports connection error, max retries exceeded.  Reset FYSETC.  Ran script.  Same output as above, but did not hang.

Well, this unit certainly behaves temperamentally.  I've only gotten it to work correctly a couple of times and it seemed to be unrelated to what I was doing.  Not feeling warm and fuzzy about this gizmo just yet.

Win10 shows the same error using add a network connection.  "Failed to initialize SD Card  4/01/2016 12:07 PM, Type=File, Size = 0KB"
Post Reply Post Reply
If I use the usb2uart connection my python script works and the dav://ip connection works.  I was able to download a file from the FYSETC SD card, via easywebdav.
However, the file date/time is altered.  It gets set to the current time.  

Also the date/time of a file is changed with a copy and paste from dav://ip/ to a directory as well.  

Apparently the baseline webdav doesn't preserve file modified date.  Not a very useful toy for me on linux, at least as it currently stands.  

Hope others find it useful.  Have to say it looked promising, in the beginning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi happydreams,
Regarding the date/time issue, you might find using Davfs2 to mount the DAV share would give different results.  Then standard commands like cp or rsync should work.  I have no DAV server, so I haven't tried this - just a suggestion.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi becker44a,

I think there are several ways to solve this.  I will look into davfs2 again.  When I first looked at davfs2, I didn't know how to do the initial configuration.

I was able to finally figure out how webdav.ls() actually worked.  You'd think that it would be documented - but it wasn't.  ls() doesn't obey current working directory, one has to pass it the full path.  In any case, webdav.ls(mydir) returns an xml file which DOES have the correct information.  mtime is correct.  Of course, I don't know how to parse the xml yet, but I suppose I could figure it out.  With the mtime, I could always transfer the files from the PAP to my computer AND then modify the mtime to be the correct time.  It's a work around, but it's ugly.  So a script could be written that would "correctly" copy the files with at least the datetime correct.  For me that would be good enough.

I really am confused about the silly switch on the SD-WIFI.  

For the case with the FYSETC in the PAP, how is the switch set in the evening prior to retiring?  USB2UART or CARDREADER?  I would think CARDREADER.

How is the switch set to retrieve data?  USB2UART or CARDREADER?  I have no idea.

The only way I have been able to connect to the webdav server (so far) is when the FYSETC  is powered via the serial connector, and switch position doesn't seem to matter.  

If the FYSETC is connected to the computer card reader, the microSD card mounts.  However, the FYSETC webdav fails independent of switch position when powered by my computer's SD card reader.

Have you been successful with this unit?  What do you do?  Maybe, I'm missing something that's obvious to others.  Or my unit is defective.  (Or the switch is broken!)  Don't know if relevant, but my card reader is plugged into a powered usb3 hub.
Post Reply Post Reply
To my understanding, USB2UART is only used when one connects the card to a PC by USB (for instance for flashing, testing, etc.). When used in a PAP, the switch should always sit on CARDREADER, which it really is then...

But, for the rest, I didn't have any luck in reading data from the card over WiFi... Still waiting for a simple recipe Wink
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the confirmation of the switch position Arie.  I'm not sure if mine is defective, or if I am doing something wrong still.  

I don't have the recipe either!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having a problem with the "SD card Failing to Initialize" error when trying to use the SDIO connection. The card woks fine if I use the USB to power it. The only search returned someone reporting that a bad power source was their problem. For us, that is not an option.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,932 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 671 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 645 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,257 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,966 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 835 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.