Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
[split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
Hey guys, I did a search and didn't find anything on the forums, but I wanted to let everyone know I have had great success getting data off of my Dreamstation using the "FYSETC SD Wifi"

This device was intended for use in 3D Printers to send over files to print over the network without swapping cards around.  However, it works in reverse for CPAP machines.

I first searched and found that the FlashAir and devices like that were too expensive.  I knew there had to be a better way to do this.  The FYSETC SD Wifi adapter allows you to use a Micro SD Card in the CPAP machine, and it connects to your Wifi network.  You can then access the card over WebDAV.  In Windows, this means I can map a drive to the SD Card.  Since I have a drive mapped to the card, I just open Oscar, point the importer at Z:\ and it imports everything.  I will probably write a script soon to automatically copy the files off the card to a backed up location on my network.

It does make the door on the Dreamstation stay open a little bit since it is too long to fit completely in the slot.  This doesn't seem to be an issue.  Also, it has a little flashy red light on the card showing it is connected to Wifi.  I used a sharpie marker to black out the LED, and then put a piece of duct tape over the LED, and then colored over the tape with sharpie.  It dims the light enough to where you can barely see it so it doesn't bother me when I sleep.

I would post links to the Amazon store where you can get it, Youtube videos on how to set it up, and screenshots of it working, but I am too new to the forum here to be able to post links or images.   Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
A quick search for "FYSETC SD Wifi" turns up the manufacturer's site, where they will sell single units for about USD$20, so this may well be a viable solution.

Psikic - as an educational site, it is not OK to post links to commercial sites... check the Rules linked in the top menu bar. But it is fine to suggest a particular search string...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2021, 10:59 AM)pholynyk Wrote: A quick search for "FYSETC SD Wifi" turns up the manufacturer's site, where they will sell single units for about USD$20, so this may well be a viable solution.

Psikic - as an educational site, it is not OK to post links to commercial sites... check the Rules linked in the top menu bar. But it is fine to suggest a particular search string...

About the links, yes, I realized that after the fact.  Thanks for letting me know though.  Amazon can be searched with "fystec sd wifi"

You can order directly from the manufacturer like I did, and save a little bit, but it did take almost 2 months to get it as it came from China.  I suggested getting it from Amazon so it would come in 2 days instead of 2 months.  Also if you need to return it for some reason, returning to Amazon is way easier than China.  If anyone does decide to get one and try it like I did, let me know in private messages if you need any assistance setting it up.

A youtube video (in Chinese) showing how to set it up can be found with the Youtube search string "FYSETC SD Wifi Wireless Transmission Module Introduction"
A video showing how it is set up for a 3D printer, which is somewhat applicable here can be found on Youtube searching "SD Card ESP8266 OctoPrint Alternative"
Post Reply Post Reply
GREAT CATCH!!!

I just bought it from AliExpress @ 13,93 Euro with 10-day free delivery...
This would be great after the disastrous vanishing of the FlashAir Card! I bought one of the last from Japan (again via AliExpress) for some $80... but it works!
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered one for testing as well.

Good find!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2021, 11:51 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I just ordered one for testing as well.  

Good find!

This is great news. Hoping the testing goes well!
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
I got my FYSETC SD Wi-Fi board(?) today.  Of course, I would try learning how to configure an Arduino ESP8266 chip after hours of getting Mac Big Sur v11.1 to run in a VirtualBox environment.  I thought I'd list out what it took for me to get this little puppy up and running and list some concerns that I see.

The card has a micro USB port and a selector switch to specify if you are using the SDIO connection or the USB port.  Using the micro USB port provides about the only way to configure this device, that I'm currently aware of.  The USB port is recognized as a serial port by the OS.  In Windows, it seems to show up as COM9 and in Linux, it is /dev/ttyUSB.   The port configuration has a baud of 115200 with an 8-N-1 setting.  I also recommend that you turn on echo and specify that each line be terminated by both a CR and LF.  Using the USB port required using the following commands after a connection was established.  While I'm thinking about it,  The commands ARE case-sensitive.

Commands used to configure a wireless connection:
  • M50 - Enter the SSID - example: M50MyNetwork - returns an "ok"

• M51 - To enter the password - example: M51password - returns an "ok"

• M52 - Connect to the network - example: M52 - Returns several dots until it is connected.  A LED on the board will start to flash when connected as well. (I'm sure that might be an annoyance in the dark, when you're trying to sleep.)

• M53 - Returns network status -  example: M53 - Returns "Connected as //192.168.1.43/DavWWWRoot"

There is mention of creating a "SETUP.INI" file in the card's root that can be configured to specify the SSID and password. This file has been reported as having limited success.

I have not found any documentation to set a static IP as of this post.   I initially allowed it to get an IP from my DHCP server.  To provide a pseudo-static address, I went into the IP leases section of my router and found the MAC address of this card.  I then reserved an IP for its MAC address.  Other than finding that I had a rouge DHCP server on the network, all went well.

Here are some of my initial observations.  
  1. Initially this is not for the "faint-of-heart" or the technically challenged.
  2. The settings, listed above, can not have any spaces. This device does have a problem with spaces in the SSID.
  3. Possible damage to it protruding out from the CPAP.
  4. The flashing LED when connected to the network.
  5. A need to write some type of configuration to make it more readily deployable to the masses.
  6. The 8226 is configurable to a 802.11 B, N, or G. The default is the "N" mode.  This requires the Arduino IDE and a copy of the Arduino firmware.

I look forward to reading other reports.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where did you get it from? Mine will not arrive earlier than in two weeks - from China...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I got it from Amazon. It is one of the fastest orders I've received. I received it the day after I ordered it.

As an update, I have found a physical constraint for the Resmed A10 series. I will be posting a workaround with pictures later.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned in my previous post, I found an interference problem on the Resmed A10 series.   I have provided photos to illustrate the problem.  The SD card must have allowance for over-travel to lock and unlock the card from the slot.  Resmed's card slot has, what I describe as, serpentine wings on each side of the card slot (Image #1).   These will not allow the Fystec to lock in because of the selector switch, and to a certain degree the micro-SD connector, hitting these "wings" before locking in the slot.   Using flush cut nippers, I trimmed the wings off of the slot's front side (Image #2).  You can see the rear wings are still there in this image as well.  Image #3 shows the card now seated in the slot with enough clearance for the switch at the bottom of the card not to interfere with the over-travel requirement.

Oh, If you are wondering, I tried this modification on my backup-PAP.   I'm not that big of a fool!  Big Grin

[Image: attachment.php?aid=30628]

The S9 series has its problems as well.  It is a very tight fit but will lock in.  The problem is that the S9 senses this card as being Write-Protected.  I'm wondering if an SD card extender cable could address all these problems.  As of the post I'm unable to locate mine, so this idea will have to wait until another post.

- Red

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,938 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 671 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 648 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,257 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,973 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 835 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.