Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
RE: [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
It appears that you two are talking past one another. It sounds like one of you is using the FYSETC board and the other is using the EZ-Share SD card. Am I wrong?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you are correct.  I thought he had a new solution for the  FYSETC card and I was wrong on that.  I am looking for that new code that works with the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I'd post this about another WiFi SD player in this arena.  It is the Big Tree Tech (BTT) SD Cloud v1.0.  It can be found on eBay for $10.94 with free shipping from China.  There is an option (+$1.38) to order this card with a micro SD, but I found that it is a 120 MB card. Until this one, I've never seen one that small.  The basic differences between the BTT and the FYSTEC is the BTT is longer and seems to operate in an unmodified Resmed SD slot.  The BTT also doesn't have the USB/SDIO switch.  

There are various firmware packages available for the BTT card that will allow it to act as a ftp server.  Also, available is code to allow for Over The Air (OTA) firmware update.  These packages may work with the FYSTEC as well.  I will be playing with them in the upcoming weeks.   Another slight difference is the developers of the BTT card chose Microsoft's Visual Studio Code (VSCode) and PlatformIO IDE over using Arduino IDE.  Like the Arduino, VSCode and the add-on, PlatformIO, are free.

Here is an image of the front and back of the BTT:
[Image: CGn0sR6.png]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have uploaded and run the BT software on the FYSETC card.  Ill post more as I use it
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a major setback  using the BTT card.   The SDIO portion is only setup to be used as an SPI interface (Serial Peripheral Interface).  This little tidbit of information is buried down in their instruction PDF.  I only found out about this after contacting them about the problem.  The replay contained the following link, https://github.com/bigtreetech/BTT-SD-TF...r/Hardware, which had the little disclaimer listed below.
Quote:
  • 2. Scope of application:
    Any SD card interface that communicates via SPI can be plugged
    in and used directly. Such as:
    BIGTREETECH SKR series motherboard 、 GTR motherboard 、
    BIGTREETECH TFT24 V1.1 、 BIGTREETECH TFT35 V3.0 、 BIGTREETECH
    TFT35 E3 V3.0 and so on
    Note: all SD card interfaces that communicate via SDIO mode cannot
    be used; For example: BIGTREETECH TFT35 V2.0!!

Bummer!!!  
Everything else about this card works so well and is long enough to fit in the Resmed slot without modification.  It would require some cut-and-jumps that would interfere with the physical constraints.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
You know, I'm tempted to just make my own circuit board with a longer SD and install the Fysetc components on it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2021, 11:02 AM)AlanE Wrote: I'll send it. I need to do a major cleanup of it first. I have lots of debugs and commented junk in it.  Wink
Plus list the added libraries I used.

(08-29-2021, 06:58 PM)dpackham Wrote: Any update on the code posting?  I am eager to NOT spend $10000 on a FLashAir card and use my SD-Wifi....

Hope I am not violating the board etiquette by posting on this old thread. I was wondering if either if you would mind sharing the code. I just got my first machine and cobbled together FYSETC + SD Extension + OSCAR not knowing you all had solved this over a year ago.  My problem is the FYSETC crashes and has to be re-seated every day. Beyond that, it works fine. I suspect it is not getting enough power and am interested in the stability and other low power improvements AlanE mentioned.

Here is where you can send it. Thanks so much!

***I guess I am a new member so I can't post links. Please re-assemble as needed:

https: slash slash http://www.dropbox.com/request/xcTTju1zpCRZHcLf7Mvv
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi intrnd! - Welcome

As you suspect, the SD port on the CPAP is unable to supply the required power for the FYSTEC card. It will run fine in a PC slot, but not the CPAP's. For this reason, it has become a dead-end project.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I fried the donated board (sorry man - my fault I swore I had it on 5v) and didn't bother buying another so I shelved the project. My A10 is about done anyway. Complaining the motor is at the end of its life, the cell modem no longer connects (all the emotional damage the sleep doctor is going through because they can't spy on me). In fact that whole board with the SD reader is having issues. Next machine will just be the A10 non-big brother edition.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it had a good home while it lasted. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 25,918 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 159 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 742 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 717 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,387 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,557 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 904 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.