Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR SD data question
OSCAR SD data question
First post, been reading awhile though. Thanks to the recall I found this place. It has opened my eyes and made me know I should learn all I can so I’m not in the dark, as my BiPap journey has been a bit of a mess. Joined last night when I decided to try OSCAR. Pardon the awkward and bumbling first post.

The text file on the SD card, is that something I should delete? Did my computer create it or just update it?

I’m dropping off my SD card at the new doctors office in a couple of hours from now. I just wasn’t sure I wanted them knowing I accessed the card, or more specifically did I mess it up. Without the time crunch I’d go find this out myself but if anyone can answer this I’d appreciate it.

I locked the card first. Strange card, it had an opposite arrow but down still should mean locked. Windows 10. I’d never accessed the card before. The new doctor wants it in person, as the DME said they have zero data.

In general, everyone I’ve been dealing with in switching doctors and all of this has been doing everything wrong. I really really do not want to join them in their raging ineptness. Perfectly willing to accept all the blundering was just me, but after reading some strange things in my virtual visit note summary I really have no clue who they had the appointment with  Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR SD data question
For anyone else’s reference, here is the information I was looking for. There is supposed to be a last.txt file on the card.

I still am not sure if my laptop altered it, but it is marked with being accessed on the date I did. There was more in that file than just my serial number but it was all Greek to me. It’s been years since I used a computer since I switched to iPad and my phone for nearly everything and I’m having to refresh my brain to use Windows (I used to be very tech oriented but have little need for that now).

*I am too young to post links from within the forum, oops. The thread is titled Healthcare provider can't read SD card. 

Post #17

Quote:The correct layout for a PRS1 card is:

P-Series/ (case-insensitive; older versions were mixed-case, DreamStation is all caps)
    [serialnumber]/
    last.txt (containing the serial number)
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you found the information you needed.  As far as I know, the only machine for which you need to lock and unlock the card is the ResMed S9.  So you should be able just to leave the card unlocked all the time.  And just to be sure, here's an image showing the locked and unlocked positions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Another little side note; The locking tab on the SD card is just a suggestion and doesn't have any physical connection to anything. It is used to trip a microswitch in the card reader that signals the connecting device that it is read-only media. However, to save money, a vast majority of the new readers are not including the microswitch. Resmed CPAP's SD card slot does have the microswitch. Forgetting to set it back to "Write-Enable" can have a bad outcome.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 180 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 106 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 384 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,235 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 107 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 186 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  [CPAP] OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - Unsupported O2s Francois1963 0 79 04-09-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Francois1963

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.