Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Has Anyone Used Carecentrix? Airsense 11 Rental $1585
[split] Has Anyone Used Carecentrix? Airsense 11 Rental $1585
Anyone use CareCentrix? They are a third party between BC/BS handling payments and DME. They keep saying that the local DME is not responding to their calls and keep telling me that National something DME is getting me a CPAP. Second time i told them to call my local Matrix med DME. I told her to fax my prescription and insurance authorization and I'll call in am. CareCentrix is charging me 1585.00 for a 10month rent and i own after that. Anyone deal with CareCentrix? I'm a new user, well once I get an autosense 11 autoset. And hope to get fitted for mask

Thanks Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
Have used Matrix for years. They are part of Aerocare. They have been the easiest dme I’ve experienced, snd I’ve suffered through at least 5 different companies. They actually ship your supplies (the machine should actually come from Matrix) from the Resmed depot. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
Richard32, it appears if you're paying $1585 to Carecentrix in rental costs, that is full price. Is there an insurance share?

I'm moving this post to a new thread because it is off-topic to CPAP Machine Choices.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Has Anyone Used Carecentrix? Airsense 11 Rental $1585
My insurance farms out to thrid party handler CareCentrix (50% increase in price as they need to make a profit) and it is a 10month rent to own. I wanted to purchse outright but no one will sell to me local with out going through insurance. I'm hopig that when Matrix Medical calls for appt as long as I'm getting a new machine and Resmed aoutsense 11 autoset. I can see if they will allow me to just purchase and still get supplies through them. I wanted to buy local as I am new to CPAP and only know what I have been reading the pase few weeks (so I am informed) assistance I need.

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
Elgeeone thanks for the update. I have spoken to two other companies in my area and Matrex Medical (Aerocare) was the most helpful and listened to my questions and I asked how do you help me get the proper fitting mask, this lady was great, unlike the two other companies that wanted to send me the CPAP and kit in the mail (both are local but stayed closed to public after covid) I asked how I get fitted for proper mask and was told we do not fit anyone and once you open the package you can not return it and have to buy another one. It's good to hear that Martix Med is good to work with.

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Richard - $1585 sounds to me like a full-on retail purchase price.

As to masks, any reasonable DME will offer a 30-day return policy. If they say otherwise, walk away. I have heard that the mask manufacturers offer that but DMEs may be too lazy to do the paperwork so they just say no.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ended up purchasing New Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset from Supplier #3 and F&P Evora full face from local DME who was great to work with and fitted me with mask and headgear. Paid less money than going through insurance. 

I'm 4 nights in and sleeping through the night with mask, have had issue with mask leaking but may have that figured out. Does need to be tight to keep from leaking due to high pressure. Hope that changes over time of use. 

I have opened a New Thread with Oscar info.    New CPAP user, please let me know what I can work on

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [split]Innisfree - Therapy Thread Innisfree 1 232 01-09-2024, 07:56 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Need help with Clear Airway Events. rizlah 11 873 09-12-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: rizlah

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.