Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Help for New cpap user, Dreamstation Pro
[split] Help for New cpap user, Dreamstation Pro
hello ,I have a dreamstation  pro that was set up for 30 day auto trail . about day 15 I got in the clinical mode and I got something adjust wrong,  the setting is 6  -16 ,ok ,when I put mask on I  push and ramp set at 30 after ramp it just goes slowly up to 16 best I cant stand it to much pressure ,I thought auto mode it constantly adjust ,can some one walk me thru clinical mode to check if I got something wrong here are current setting therapy mode , c-check, a trail on,ez start off, auto down 6 auto up 16 ,cmh20 90 percent  flex off  I apologize  for my grammer and punition  thabks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Help for New cpap user, dreamstation bipap s/t
i can't sleep, I split your post out of the other thread so you can receive individual help. The Dreamstation Pro is a fixed pressure CPAP rather than an auto CPAP with a pressure range. I suspect you have somehow set the pressure to 16 cm, but are using a 30 minute ramp starting at 6.0. The Dreamstation Pro will always go to the set pressure following ramp.

My recommendation is to set the pressure at your prescribed pressure, or do a self-titration starting at 8.0 and increasing pressure until obstructive apnea are less than 2/hour. To facilitate this you should download the free OSCAR software linked at the top of this page. That will let you see the results of your therapy, and you can post charts to let us help you. You should also download the setup manual for the Dreamstation Pro, again setup manual links are on top of this page. Here is a quick tutorial on how to access your settings. https://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-...structions
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Help for New cpap user, Dreamstation Pro
I was told it is in auto mode it will adjust but its doin exactly wat u said it just go up to 16 im afraid to adjust cause im in atrial for 30 days not sure wat insurance company would say ,something is set wrong
Post Reply Post Reply
The Pro does have an auto trial mode that can be used up to 30 days, so that makes sense. It would still be very helpful for you to download OSCAR and post a chart. We can do quite a bit to interpret those results and assess how things are going and perhaps understand what is causing it to move to 16 cm so quickly. Normally, a Philips Dreamstation does not quickly increase pressure unless snores and/or apnea are being detected. At the very least, we can give you have a more understandable and effective conversation with your medical team.

If you are very uncomfortable with the current settings, you can change the maximum pressure from 16 to 12 and see if that is helpful. I geve you a link to the tutorial to access those settings. If you will look at the settings and report back here what you see, we can go from there, but there is nothing to keep you from lowering the maximum pressure setting to something you can tolerate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation Pro is primarily a fixed pressure CPAP and it is far from an ideal device for titrating a new CPAP user's pressure. If your discomfort continues, you should talk to the supplier and ask, beg, whine and grovel for a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. The difference in efficacy and comfort is significant. You got the Dreamstation either because your doctor likes fixed pressure machines and patients that are not involved in their therapy, or because it costs a couple hundred dollars less. Your insurance pays the same no matter what machine you are dispensed, so this is a profit margin game.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,457 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 158 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 116 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,751 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,238 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,113 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,694 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.