Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Lost53 - AirCurve 10 ASV advice
RE: [split] Lost53 - AirCurve 10 ASV advice
No problem, if it were though we'd hire a guy to hit you in the head to help with nap taking.

Yes try sticking with this thread only. However if there's a special need that falls outside the scope of your main therapy, then it can be beneficial for new threads. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Dry mouth typically spells air leaks or at least airflow. You're using which mask, full face or hybrid, nasal, or pillows? This helps determine the solution, if needed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using AirFit P 10.  I think those are pillows. Funny thing is this mask sounds like it leaks less than when I used the S 9. I must be at least sleeping through most of the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep P10 is a pillows mask. P for pillows on ResMed. Had you checked to see if your cushion is still correctly sized? When was the last cushion replacement?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried using a medium once and felt like I was smothering so I went back to the large and have been there ever since. Cushion was new when I got the machine on Oct 25 but since new the machine seems to show a lot of leak even though I do not hear it. New mask headband seems to fit better than old one that was more flimsy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well. back again.  Still using my AirCurve 10 ASV machine.  I found out when I changed to the medium Pillow from the Large pillow that my leakage has dropped considerably over the last 2 months. One other thing I have noticed is that my expiration pressure is set between 6 - 9. When I turn the machine off in the morning, suddenly my breathing out is really relieved. I am wondering if I drop the bottom expiration pressure to a 4 or 5 if that will help my body breathe out during the night. Wonder if I am not expelling all of the CO2 when breathing out and that could explain why I don't feel great in the morning even though my AHI index is less than 1.0.  What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
Lower EPAP settings may increase obstructive events, however if those are under control, there is nothing wrong with lowering the range for EPAP. It would help to look at an updated chart. Based on past results, I would have no concerns with an EPAP min of 4.0, EPAP max of 7.0. PS 3-10 seemed to work well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried EPAP Min 4 and it's ok. I didn't like the air starved feeling there though. But no matter what I felt. It's what's right for you that matters regarding how you set this up.

This is the thing about therapy, there's no real cookie cutter pressure set that works for all. It's a very individual therapy. We have some uniform methods, and settings are adjusted for certain things, but it'll be set unique to you.

If you want to try starting at EPAP Min 4, go for it. Follow-up with OSCAR and answering how you feel. You'll notice some difference pretty much immediately, likely will feel a bit different. Then verify if you feel better for the change and if the data is acceptable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will try changing from a 6-9 on EPAP to a 5-8 and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.