Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Mal777 Lumis 150 ST-A iVAPS Therapy
RE: [split] Mal777 Lumis 150 ST-A iVAPS Therapy
so if I increase min EPAP to 14 , max ipap will go to 18.?       thanks for that 
Is fixed pressure mode better for me do you think?   I was maxing out at 14 last night as shown in attached screenshot

Oh and here is last nights screenshot.  2 hours only for some reason but RR looks excellent to me :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! that looks great. Turn off ramp, set EPAP min to 8.0, Max pressure to 18.0 and PS 4.0. I don't know why you would increase EPAP min to 14 when these results look so good. You had no apnea events and the respiratory stats are unbelievably good. Zero flow limits, and very solid respiration rate, tidal volume and minute vent. The tachypnea is gone. I usually recommend trigger sensitivity on high to avoid CA events, but do what is comfortable. I hope you prove my previous concerns wrong. This is really a very good looking chart!

I didn't expect the Vauto would be this good in stabilizing your respiration rate. I'm clearly n ot speechless, but surprosed! Regarding your question, the pressure support is a constant, so it will alway be provided as long as the difference between EPAP min and max pressure allows it. EPAP max will always be less than IPAP max by the PS setting, so 18/14 is your maximum pressure at these settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gee what a pleasure to read your post Sleeprider. I took a $750 gamble when I opened the Vauto box, but it looks like it has paid off  Smile
So it seems all I needed was a machine with pressure support to solve those horrible readings I was getting on my Airsence (since I started therapy in July 2019)
I will do the settings exactly as you suggested, and hopefully get a full nights data tonight and will post results in morning. With ramp off I expect it will show some positional events when transitioning to sleep, but   will see...   The "normal" RR is a huge relief..

I roughly based my settings last night on your earlier posts when we were wondering if Vauto would work

One other question. The Vauto makes this "whining" type noise when I am using it. Have you heard of this before? Is it a fault with machine?   Hopefully not,as for any service I have to return it to USA.   The vauto is not sold in Australia

Thanks so much for all your assitance Sleeprider

Mal
Post Reply Post Reply
The Vauto is the most comfortable machine in the world if you can use it. I just thought that your irregular respiration would beat it into submission. Your full night is something I look forward to seeing, and I do hope it works out. If so, I owe you an apology for not believing and costing you pretty big chunk of change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
well lets see how my full nights data go, but certainly no need for apologies. :-)  Its all been a learning process for everyone. 

On the subject of why my data only recorded for 2 hours, I awoke every couple of hours last night, and turned off machine most times when I went to bathroom, or to check my sleep report. I think I hit all 3 buttons at various stages.(on/off on top of machine, scroll knob and home button)  Which of these would have interrupted my Oscar recording do you think?

and also the whining noise I mentioned in previous post?  It happens with every full face mask I use (F20 Airtouch, F30 etc)  but not nasal pillows (which I cant tolerate)

thx
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights data.   All looks good to me Smile , but AHI's are up a bit. Should I make any changes to rectify this?  I had ramp off which may have contributed as the previous night ramp was on 

My only problem is this whining, humming noise coming from Vauto  when I inhale deeply. It happens with every full face mask I use (F20 Airtouch, F30 etc)  
Could this be a fault with machine? Has anyone else experienced this?  (Was not a problem with the Airsence)

Mal

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mal,
Besides turning off ramp, which I don't think had any affect on therapy, you also changed the EPAP
from 10 to 8. I'm not suggesting to raise it back up, but it's possible you needed that higher EPAP pressure.

Your numbers look good, and sometimes it takes more than one night to see trends.

I don't know about the whining noise. Did you check the mask setting on the VAuto to be sure it's set to full face? Also, be sure the humidifier is set in place properly and not overfilled.

It's good to see you getting better results.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I could have your Lumis xD
Post Reply Post Reply
The AHI was never a concern compared to the wild breathing rate. Problem solved. This looks very good and if we do any changes it will be to match my own settings with EPAP min at 9.0. I’m impressed. I’m also at a bar, so take it into consideration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider

Enjoy ?
(I might do the same to celebrate the good news ?)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 6 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.