Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Mal777 Lumis 150 ST-A iVAPS Therapy
RE: [split] Mal777 Lumis 150 ST-A iVAPS Therapy
Mal,

Despite an uptick in events, unless you feel drastically bad for this, I'd ride it out and build a trend. Go paint us a nice OSCAR picture, then duplicate it over and over. If you get a bad night or 2 don't worry about it. We all get the bad nights on OSCAR.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a night out with my adult daughter. Very enjoyable to have a meal and some proper "Left Coast Imperial IPA". I try to refrain from any therapy advise when drinking any beverage above 9% ABV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave
My RR and all other stuff seem great now, so as long as AHI under 5, with not to many centrals/periodic breathing I'm hgappy :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear it Mal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Colour me surprised and impressed by those results, looks like your gamble might have paid off.

I am curious, does your breathing still have a similar shape to it (just less severe oscillations?) or has the combination of setting changes (increased EPAP and easybreath waveform with 4 PS) altered your breathing waveform outright?

I wonder how much of this improvement is due to the higher EPAP, this is the highest you have used isn't it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just noticed the 2nd night with more apneas was at a lower EPAP. That could be coincidence or it might not be, definitely something to keep an eye on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear from you Geer :-)

If you look at my earlier breathing waveforms, there is a huge improvement on the Vauto. Yes the gamble was worth it , it appears. Plus I saved $4000 as I was only renting ST-A for a month  

I have attached followong screenshots 
3rd March (3614)(10-18)  PS 4    RAMP ON
4th March  (3626)  (8-18 ) PS 4     RAMP OFF
5th March (3644)  (8-18  )   PS4   RAMP OFF

I always get higher AHI without ramp as it doesnt show my early apneas

I have been thinking of going back to  1st night settings  (10-18 and RAMP ON)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yeah ramp probably is the reason, I also see that the first day starts at noon (or time was wrong that night) so first bit of data isn't shown hence why the data looks so good at the beginning (actual data likely shows up in prior day on OSCAR).

The sleep study did mark a number of your early apneas as mixed apneas. Worth keeping an eye on things, maybe a minimum amount of EPAP is beneficial to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
My charts (particilarly RR) ,look so much better since using Vauto compared to Airsence and even IVAPS,  however I am still getting some centrals. Not sure if these are positional, or can be improved by changing my settings.

Currently 
8-18
PS 4
Ti min 1.0
Timax 2.0
trigger high
Cycle low
Ramp Off

Any thoughts?

I have attached last nights results and a zoomed in section of centrals at 12.30 am

getting close though :-)
thanks again

Mal

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I missed some information on last 2 screenshots, so here they are again. And the centrals appear to be either when transitioning to sleep or at waking ....

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 250 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 806 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.