Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice
RE: [split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice
(01-30-2020, 10:06 PM)MikeyT Wrote: Thanks.  I guess I need to chase that down.  My DME gave me  the impression that the $83.00 was  the sum total that I would need to pay.  We shall see.

MikeyT,
May I suggest that you call Medicare and ask directly what your deductible and/or copay is?
Please do not rely on what a DME tells you. They may be trying to get a rental payment from both you and Medicare. Also there is a difference in coverage between regular medicare and a medicare advantage plan.

Call them yourself. You need to take control of this before you end of being overcharged.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Machine Choices

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: [split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice
Thanks. I'll call them.
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare......so far.....so good! Big Guy 0 42 Yesterday, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [split] Data analysis - Breath55 Breath55 30 369 Yesterday, 07:22 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  still hoping to qualify for medicare-need advice eajeff 4 117 02-26-2020, 05:26 AM
Last Post: slowriter
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 147 138,747 02-25-2020, 02:08 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  How to qualify for medicare- what I have learned eajeff 14 447 02-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Last Post: eajeff
  [split] Bleep Sleep Mask skiajl6297 18 230 02-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: booksfan
  [split] Still Snoring While on CPAP Haulntoys 1 107 02-15-2020, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.