Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] New and Need Help - How do I change my pressure?
[split] New and Need Help - How do I change my pressure?
I've just joined, but have used CPAP for several years.  A recent sleep study recommended I raise pressure from 8 CM to 12 CM.      OK.
How do I do that without paying a technician to come 40 miles?

Please be specific.  This web-site is confusing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: New and Need Help
Is the answer somewhere on this web-site?  I haven't found it yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nerves01 - There are brief instructions on how to get to the clinicians' menu in Section One of the page titled 'CPAP Setup Manuals' in the black bar at the top of each page.
You can also find instructions about how to request the clinicians' manual in Section Three of that page. You will want to change the maximum and minimum therapy pressures, and you may find other things to change, like the ramp start pressure, or turning off the ramp pressure entirely. It's a very useful manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2018, 06:29 PM)nerves01 Wrote: Is the answer somewhere on this web-site?  I haven't found it yet.

Here you go! easy peasy. http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] New and Need Help - How do I change my pressure?
Hi nerves01,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You have come to the right place for guidance.
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: [split] New and Need Help - How do I change my pressure?
You'll be driving your machine, as easy as a car in a few weeks. Download sleepyhead and use the SD card to look at your results. Again the instructions are at the top of the page.
new http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
From machine or charts for auto-cpap, set the min 1cm below median pressure, or 2cm below 90/95%. max at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto vs ASV to Treat Central Apnea waldo1945 134 8,015 10-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [split] Discussion on Benefits purpleh2 8 107 10-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [split] Bilevel machine - advice needed LookingForward 76 1,972 10-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Kosoku
  [split] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask [based Frankenmask] cronkster 10 276 10-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Last Post: cronkster
  [split] Therapy Questions Sleeprider 2 76 09-24-2018, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [CPAP] CHANGE SETTINGS ON DREAMSTATION WITH "NEW SIMPLIFIED MENUS" Bruce1804 7 241 08-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Distinguishing OA from Positional Change don600 8 359 08-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.