Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Mask issues - "Verus" not a good DME
Nasal Mask issues - "Verus" not a good DME
>>Update on RS Reduced Size frame for Nuance gel pillow headgear and change in recommendation for DME

After a series of phone calls about 4 months ago, my DME [Verus] was finally able to determine that yes, they could supply the shorter fabric frame {RS for "reduced size"} for the Respironics Nuance mask.

However, they had already sent me a full fabric frame kit. Not as bad as IKEA but I had to remove the elbow and hose from the standard size frame and install it onto the Reduced Size frame. No big deal -- everything OK until the 3 month period had passed -- my pillows were all squooshy, and the frame as well as the hose of the mask were stretched out. No worries -- time for a replacement anyhow.

On October 2 I rang the DME, and was told, yes, as of that day, I was eligible for replacement gear. All handled. Not.

Today is 23 days later, and I still do not have all the parts for the mask frame [that's the front part of the mask -- the headgear itself only is replaced every 6 months].

There are 2 major reasons:
1. Philips does not supply the full frame for the RS size -- only the strap as shown in my photos earlier in this thread. One has to order a new standard size frame, remove the hose and elbow attachment from that one and place onto the RS strap.
Therefore:
2. The DME customer service people can't handle anything more complicated than pushing the button on a self-serve snack machine. If it doesn't come pre-packaged, forget about getting what you need in a timely fashion.
So far, at least 6 phone calls to Verus later, it seems that perhaps the mask frame is "on the way" as the order went to the warehouse on Friday, and that, according to the girl on the other end of the phone, means it "should" ship out today.

I am no longer willing to recommend Verus as a good DME. If you, like me, are or have someone in your family who needs the smaller size mask, you have been forewarned.

Yes, it's worth having it. But you won't get it without a major hassle at least from the DME I've been using.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 49 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.