Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] OSCAR & Compliance Reports
RE: [split] OSCAR & Compliance Reports
All I have ever given the FAA and my AME are a printout of the CPAP Statistics page and a one year Overview report from Sleepyhead and of course the letter from my primary doc and compliance statement.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just give my AME page 1 of the Statistics report and page 1 of the Overview (or whatever page has the usage graph.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I got another note from the FAA medical examiner I've been corresponding with.

His comment tonight (paraphrase), "...not everyone I work with is technologically situationally aware." He has to talk people through the process.

SH is perfectly capable of generating the report. But it has to be configured to use 6hr compliance vs 4 hrs, and 1 yr from current date. He has to explain how to get into the settings to do this. These are people who will use SH once a year, just for the report, and don't get any experience with it otherwise.

A 'print' button that generates a report for the previous 365 days at 6hr compliance would be a great help.

I don't know what kind of reports other users need for insurance purposes (90 days at 4hrs?), but maybe a couple of pre-defined selections could work out for a lot of people.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note, it would be a nice feature if the new oscar version would have the tabular feature like the old sleepyhead version.  This way you can see time spent on events and pressure at a glance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I would resurrect this thread due to a thread on the Main board.

DMV Non-CDL CPAP Compliance

According to the OP in the linked thread, she has been requested to provide a CPAP Compliance Report for a renewal of a Class C (?) non-commercial DL.  It is not for someone driving a company/organization van, but it appears to be an everyday citizen driving a passenger car.

I know this thread is directed towards FAA Compliance or DOT CDL compliance, but if CPAP compliance extends to the renewal of a basic DL things are going to get real close and personal for many if not all of us here.  I really think that this is going to be more prevalent and some people are going to get hit pretty hard if they have an older machine or cannot run a Rescan or Encore report.

In 2011 I was a driver for our work vanpool.  We just went from an 8 passenger to 12 passenger van so I needed to get a DOT DL51B Medical Certificate.  I was told that I needed to take my machine to a sleep center to get them to run a report.  Well when I showed up with my Resmed S6, they just shook their heads.  I ended up getting an S9 Elite and my doctor wrote a letter to get me through the first one back then.  I had Rescan so I ran my own reports every year after that.

This may make creating an OSCAR compliance report a little more urgent.  It doesn't matter the number of days required; or 4 or 6 hours as those can be easily selected.  Whether OSCAR will be accepted is obviously an unknown.  My guess is that if it includes the required data in a professional format, hopefully it will gain acceptance.

Of course the decision may be to not generate an OSCAR Compliance Report if the liability is too great.  People will need to load data into OSCAR for analysis and proprietary software for compliance or go to a DME/Sleep Center to get the report.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 123 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 367 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 579 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,238 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 547 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 1,002 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.