Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] OSCAR & Compliance Reports
RE: OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
I am also going to contact one of the more active FAA medical examiners. He and I go back a ways and he's pretty knowledgeable of SH and what FAA wants to see. I'll ask him for his recommendation on an "FAA report". He might have some good ideas on a quick and easy format. This might be something that could be added in a future release. It sure would get a lot of customers for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am thinking of a specific report for FAA compliance.  If the FAA is willing to accept it I think I can say that we are willing to provide it. If that FAA examiner would be willing to talk to our team I'm sure the team would be willing to listen.  I am looking at OSCAR v1.0.0 but OSCAR is nearly identical to SH v1.1.0
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want OSCAR reports to be accepted by more agencies, then take off the (Not approved for compliance or medical reporting purposes) from the reports. As the last few posts state, some agencies do accept SH reports.

It isn't the responsibility of software or reports to self-identify that they are not approved. Various organizations determine what they will and won't accept. Simply state the name of the report generating software. As soon as some bureaucrat or clerk sees the banner, at that point they will make the determination that they won't accept the report.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2019, 04:22 PM)bonjour Wrote: I am thinking of a specific report for FAA compliance.  If the FAA is willing to accept it I think I can say that we are willing to provide it. If that FAA examiner would be willing to talk to our team I'm sure the team would be willing to listen.  I am looking at OSCAR v1.0.0 but OSCAR is nearly identical to SH v1.1.0

I just contacted him.  I think you and  I are on the same page.

I did take advantage of this situation and told him:  "We might be able to get them to format a "FAA Compliance Report" for us."

I'll let you know what I hear back from him.  I don't know if he has the time to work directly with you or not, but when he gets back to me I'll ask him about it.

Thanks for this chance, I'm sure he'll be glad to see this.  It will make his life much easier to be able tell his guys, "Download OSCAR, plug in your card, press the "FAA Report" button, print it, and bring it to my office."
Post Reply Post Reply
Reply, that is something that we will consider in the future.  There is a liability issue that needs to be addressed and we need to make sure everyone is covered.  That statement would need to be replaced by a liability waiver on the page.  But definitely not for the initial release
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand.

It doesn't have to say "FAA Compliance", just "Default format #1.0.a-xyz" on a dropdown menu or whatever.  FAA doesn't care what's on the title, just that the report shows the data they want.

SH can do it already, it just takes a couple of setting changes before printing the report.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2019, 04:57 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: I understand.

It doesn't have to say "FAA Compliance", just "Default format #1.0.a-xyz" on a dropdown menu or whatever.  FAA doesn't care what's on the title, just that the report shows the data they want.

SH can do it already, it just takes a couple of setting changes before printing the report.

OSCAR supports the same changes in preferences which will recalculate the summaries etc with eg min day complacency as 6hrs rather than 4. The same approach is taken in Rescan you set your compliancy preferences then run the reports (maybe we need to include the settings on the report as well) In a future release
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2019, 05:04 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 04:57 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: I understand.

OSCAR supports the same changes in preferences which will recalculate the summaries etc with eg min day complacency as 6hrs rather than 4. The same approach is taken in Rescan you set your compliancy preferences then run the reports (maybe we need to include the settings on the report as well) In a future release

Great, that works for me.  I'll see what I can do to put up a copy of what I turn in so you can verify the histogram, too.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2019, 04:22 PM)bonjour Wrote: I am thinking of a specific report for FAA compliance.  If the FAA is willing to accept it I think I can say that we are willing to provide it. If that FAA examiner would be willing to talk to our team I'm sure the team would be willing to listen.  I am looking at OSCAR v1.0.0 but OSCAR is nearly identical to SH v1.1.0

Why make a "special" report when what it does now is good enough?

General is better than special. And less of an ongoing maintenance hassle.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2019, 06:04 PM)palerider Wrote:

Why make a "special" report when what it does now is good enough?

General is better than special.

This is a discussion that is better suited for the AST forum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 144 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 209 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 412 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 638 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,625 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 574 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 1,047 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.