Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] OSCAR & Compliance Reports
RE: OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
(03-08-2019, 06:08 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 06:04 PM)palerider Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 04:22 PM)bonjour Wrote: I am thinking of a specific report for FAA compliance.  If the FAA is willing to accept it I think I can say that we are willing to provide it. If that FAA examiner would be willing to talk to our team I'm sure the team would be willing to listen.  I am looking at OSCAR v1.0.0 but OSCAR is nearly identical to SH v1.1.0

Why make a "special" report when what it does now is good enough?

General is better than special.

This is a discussion that is better suited for the AST forum.
Sorry, since you were discussing it here, I thought it was appropriate Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm looking much further down the road than the immediate future.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2019, 03:59 PM)bonjour Wrote: Other than in preferences I'm not seeing where compliance is set to 6 hrs, and I'd like to check that the % compliance is based on days with less than 6 hours and not an average.

Ok - I was able to get a copy of the file I turned in last Oct.  (And please note the last section of this post, I found something interesting.)

I printed, redacted, then scanned the report, so it's not very clear but you should get the point of what I need to turn in.

In SH preferences (I have a Mac), set CPAP > "Compliance defined as" > 6.0 hrs, leave the rest default.

On the "Statistics" page, print the "Standard" report.

At the bottom of the "Overview" page, set the date range to be the previous year from the current date, and print the report.

Now you'll have several pages.

What I need:

Page 1 of the "Statistics".  It will show, in the far right column, my last year's compliance (98%) as well as dates, times, names, and addresses.  The rest of the info is nice, but not required.  The 2nd page of that report holds the pressure settings and dates that I made any changes.  I don't need that, so I don't turn it in.  My personal doc's status report about CPAP efficacy includes the prescription settings.

Page 1 of the "Overview".  It will show a number of charts.  What I need is the one that says "Usage".  It will show, above the graph, "7 low usage, 2 no usage, out of 365 days (97.5% compliant.)"

Now I have the info I am required to turn in:

Usage reports that show >75% nights at > 6hrs for the previous year.

The "Statistics" page shows 98% compliance.

The "Overview" page shows the detail of the compliance and the doc can see that I used it on a steady basis.  It shows that I didn't skip a couple of weeks.  The PDF file, color, shows the nights I was below 6 in red (7 of them), and leaves the days I didn't use it blank.  These don't show up on the b&w scan.

It would be nice to be able to print this on a single page - this is where a custom report would be nice.  All I need is the "Statistics" table plus "Usage" chart.

--

Something I just noticed when I put in a different date range of more current numbers:

(These are different numbers than the report I attached, so don't try to use that PDF as a reference.  These numbers are for the past 12 months from today.)

There is a bit of a difference in how the two compliance numbers are calculated.  On the "Statistics" page the value shows 98%.  On the "Overview" page the value is 97.3%.  I had 8 low nights and 2 no usage nights.  That's 10 non compliant nights out of 365.  That's 97.3% and is what the "Overview" usage chart shows.  But if you ignore the 2 no usage nights, that's 8 low nights out of 365, or 98% and is what's printed on the "Statistics" page.  

It looks like the Statistics report calculates Compliance percentage differently than I expect.

Attached Files
.pdf   sample_compliance.pdf (Size: 839.28 KB / Downloads: 47)
Post Reply Post Reply
Just running Oscar and SH side-by side, they are giving identical outputs (apart from some formatting). The compliance seems to be based on calculating the number of compliant days, not an average. Setting the compliance limit is done in Files | Preferences | CPAP. Changing between 4 and six hours results in a recalculation, with the expected outcomes.

The only real difference is the big "NOT approved" flag in Oscar, which was a footnote in SleepyHead. I think that once we get past the beta stage it should again become a footnote.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, you just uncovered an issue.
The Statistics page calculates Compliance as Successful days out of usage days, not counting days not used.  I believe that this is incorrect
The Overview page calculates Compliance as Successful days out of total days
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] OSCAR & Compliance Reports
I agree with DB and others. The banner
(NOT approved for compliance or medical reporting purposes)

needs to be revised to a foot note, and it should state:
"OSCAR reports are based on data reported by the CPAP machine. Acceptance of this data for compliance purposes is subject to approval discretion of the reviewing agency."
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Stated. I'll add that to our enhancement list.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got this PM from another pilot:

>>>
OSCAR is supposed to be open source, right?

Could we engage our own programmer to take the source code (once published) and bend it to our FAA Compliance will? Then publish it as "Snuffleupagus 1.0.0"?
<<<

I don’t know the Open Source rules. Is this possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
The FAA doc got back to me last might.

His only 2 requirements were the ability to change compliance limits from 4 hrs to 6 hrs, and “easily selectable date gates”.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is possible. In fact that is how OSCAR was formed by forking from the now closed SleepyHead.
There are rules to be followed.

My intent was after OSCAR goes live (soon) to see if we can work with your FAA Flight Examiner and produce a specific produce a FCC Compliance Report for a Flight Examiner to certify. The recognition of this would add legitimacy to OSCAR and allow our users to use OSCAR reports for other purposes. For example CDL license compliance.

I'll take enhancements such as this Back to the development team to discuss. I make no guarantees other than it will be seriously considered at this time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 159 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 218 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 425 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 642 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,694 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 577 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 1,066 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.