Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense s10 Autoset Question
RE: Resmed Airsense s10 Autoset Question
(04-06-2016, 08:52 PM)palerider Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 08:33 PM)jhtrader Wrote: I set the EPR to 3 which is the same setting I had on my S9. I am pretty sure there is an additional setting for some reason labeled "Pressure Relief" in addition to the EPR. Seems redundant but that is what the video shows and what was posted on here on a review posting.

Er, you want a "Pressure Relief" in *addition* to the "Expiratory Pressure Relief" you just set to 3????

nope.

I hear you - seems strange to me but it is shown on a video on youtube and was in this review http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irsense-10 . Also mentioned on the resmed site as one of the "more options" that your provider could give you access to from settings http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/p...ac_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 08:59 PM)jhtrader Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 08:52 PM)palerider Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 08:33 PM)jhtrader Wrote: I set the EPR to 3 which is the same setting I had on my S9. I am pretty sure there is an additional setting for some reason labeled "Pressure Relief" in addition to the EPR. Seems redundant but that is what the video shows and what was posted on here on a review posting.
Er, you want a "Pressure Relief" in *addition* to the "Expiratory Pressure Relief" you just set to 3????
I hear you - seems strange to me but it is shown on a video on youtube and was in this review http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irsense-10 . Also mentioned on the resmed site as one of the "more options" that your provider could give you access to from settings http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/p...ac_eng.pdf

I don't think you do... let me try and emphasize it differently:

EPR = Expiratory Pressure Relief

there can be only one... even though you might not always find it called exactly the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 08:33 PM)jhtrader Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 07:54 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 07:49 PM)jhtrader Wrote: Don't see that but already set the Essentials to Essentials Plus - maybe that is what you are referring too. Still not giving me access to the "Pressure Relief" setting. Thanks.

Yup, Essentials, and nope, it is access to more values when looking at your sleep report. I think what you are looking for is Exhale Pressure Relief? If so, it is in the Clinician Menu -> Comfort -> EPR = ON/OFF.

You can turn it on and set the amount the pressure is reduced when exhaling, or you can turn it off and it will be more PURE CPAP with inhale and exhale the same pressure.

Frank

I set the EPR to 3 which is the same setting I had on my S9. I am pretty sure there is an additional setting for some reason labeled "Pressure Relief" in addition to the EPR. Seems redundant but that is what the video shows and what was posted on here on a review posting.

Mine is controlled by the EPR. I have to pull the mask away from my face to be sure it's on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 343 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.