Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Power backup
[split] Power backup
I don't know if this thought has ever been addressed here or not (not sure where to look actually) But.... If the power goes out, besides waiting on the house generator, OR if I'm not at home, & lose power, what can I get to keep
my Cpap running??
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back to ffm *sigh*
(04-23-2016, 08:28 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote: I don't know if this thought has ever been addressed here or not (not sure where to look actually) But.... If the power goes out, besides waiting on the house generator, OR if I'm not at home, & lose power, what can I get to keep
my Cpap running??

A UPS or Generator, there are several threads on it here. Even some suggestions on DIY UPS systems (Uninterrupted Power Supply).

There are UPS systems designed for everything from computers to sump pumps for basements.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Power backup
There have been many threads on battery backup. I just used the search function to find this one using the keyword battery:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ckup-setup
There are many ways to do this; some better than others.

And, from the above thread, you can see how we love to discuss battery backup...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back to ffm *sigh*
(04-23-2016, 08:36 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 08:28 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote: I don't know if this thought has ever been addressed here or not (not sure where to look actually) But.... If the power goes out, besides waiting on the house generator, OR if I'm not at home, & lose power, what can I get to keep
my Cpap running??

A UPS or Generator, there are several threads on it here. Even some suggestions on DIY UPS systems (Uninterrupted Power Supply).

There are UPS systems designed for everything from computers to sump pumps for basements.
Thank you for info! Greatly appreciated! Okay

(04-23-2016, 10:49 PM)justMongo Wrote: There have been many threads on battery backup. I just used the search function to find this one using the keyword battery:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ckup-setup
There are many ways to do this; some better than others.

And, from the above thread, you can see how we love to discuss battery backup...

Lolabove thank you! appreciate response!
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are also specific batteries that are recommended and compatible for the A10 if you google it. As to their overall effectiveness that depends on a lot of factors. All agree that with humidity on the battery drain is much higher. I'm no expert in power supply so I would agree with JM and refer you to the friendly battery discussion threads.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 10:46 AM)sonicboom Wrote: There are also specific batteries that are recommended and compatible for the A10 if you google it. As to their overall effectiveness that depends on a lot of factors. All agree that with humidity on the battery drain is much higher. I'm no expert in power supply so I would agree with JM and refer you to the friendly battery discussion threads.

Thanks Sonic, I feel better about time use, since I don't need the humidifier, haven't ever used it!
Thanks appreciate your thoughts! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a link to search results on "battery" in thread titles in the main forum.
There are many threads to choose from.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....order=desc
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 12:15 PM)justMongo Wrote: Here is a link to search results on "battery" in thread titles in the main forum.
There are many threads to choose from.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....order=desc

Thank you Kindly Mongo Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 185 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 506 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 268 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 44 3,984 01-28-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 217 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 235 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  [split]Innisfree - Therapy Thread Innisfree 1 228 01-09-2024, 07:56 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.