Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Provider Changed My Settings Remotely
[split] Provider Changed My Settings Remotely
I don't know if this is the right thread BUT -  VERY ANNOYING - Respiratory Therapist from provider RESET MY PRESSURE SETTINGS REMOTELY.  Big Brother is here...  Can't do airplane mode - or not in compliance....    -S   Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Provider Changed My Settings Remotely
You should contact the provider and stipulate that they may use your AirView data to monitor compliance, but you specifically decline to allow setting changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Contact the DME's office and permanently revoke any remote adjusting permissions, implied or otherwise. Follow-up with a letter they place in your file stating the same thing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They should not be messing with your settings unless your doctor indicated a change.  

Tell them that they need to notify you first and explain why they want to change your settings.  I doubt they would take the time to do that. 

You also might want to inform them that what pressure you use has nothing to do with settings, only that you are using the machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to add to above - This was on airsense 11.  Our Australian friend Nick Dunn had it right- Resmed maintains too much power over you rmachine.  Not much we cand do...   -S   Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Brief Follow-up:  It is clear that doctors AND providers have software to REMOTELY monitor AND CHANGE data and settings in airsense 11 machines.  This is clearly beyond ResScan 7.0  Anyone know what this software is?  Any chance we could get it??  

ONE MORE -> Provider claims it is ILLEGAL for me to change settings, since I am not licensed respiratory tech.
Is that true? What does the BOARD say>   -Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Stevekuk, it is AirView, and you have to have a professional (provider or doctor) account to access it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you are a doctor or DME, you are out of luck. Prior to the series 11, ResScan could modify all prior models. I'm surprised that this option was removed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The software for this capability is Resmed's AirView. It is largely cloud-based, with login security controlled by Resmed. It gives the DME/Clinic viewing/reporting capabilities, AND the same ability to change settings "over the air" that ResScan had via a file written to the SD card. Currently looks unlikely that patients will have access to this particular product. Resmed provides MyAir for patient engagement and doesn't appear to believe patients need anything more than that.

As others have said, tell the DME/Clinic (in writing) not to remotely change settings. They should honor that request. But as a safeguard, you could turn on Airplane Mode to disable cellular. For compliance purposes, re-enable cellular once a month so the collected data can be uploaded, then disable it and check/correct your settings if they've been changed. That would keep you in compliance, and keep you from being "surprised" by an unexpected settings change.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is absolutely illegal for the DME or doctor to edit pressures without a new modified prescription. It is legal for the user to edit settings with no required change to the script. You were lied to, or not told the entire truth if you want it phrased that way.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 63 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 320 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 268 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 270 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.