Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Question About Software Use
[split] Question About Software Use
Hope2sleep -

An empowering story and thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, your story is all too familiar to many. Many of us, me included, were in OSA denial land for years. Fortunately you are now on the therapy you need. It may take some time for your body to realize all of the benefits of the therapy. Stick with it. Make adjustments as necessary with input from the many sophisticated users on this forum. Welcome aboard.

Moderator Note: You can read the story here. Thread split from Success Story thread.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Hello Sonicboom,

Thank you for your reply.
I see that we have the same machine and mask!
You also use software. With the machine we get some results regarding events, mask fitting, hour use etc. etc. What do you get more using the Resscan software? I also see that your use Sleepyhead, witch one is better. I may look at this later on.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Question About Software Use
ResScan will give you lots more detail. You can see, for example, what's happening with your breathing pattern when your pressure is automatically adjusted by the machine. You can also see your leak rate graph, which is really the only way to verify that you're not leaking too much.

SleepyHead is much easier to use than ResScan, but since SleepyHead is beta, you'll often want ResScan to verify that what you're seeing in SleepyHead is accurate. Also, if you want to discuss something you see with your care providers, they will trust ResScan more and are often unwilling to even look at anything you print from SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Question About Software Use
I echo everything Sleepster said. I would encourage you to immediately download SH from the link at the top of this page so you can analyze your data and allow others to help you as well by posting screenshots of your data if necessary. If you go to the software forum you will find the link for obtaining the latest ReScan software. Use both. See what you like. The machine screen does not show nearly the amount of data the softwares do.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 121 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 115 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 571 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 312 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,223 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [split]Innisfree - Therapy Thread Innisfree 1 262 01-09-2024, 07:56 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 400 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.