Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Questions from New Member
[split] Questions from New Member
cmk17, good story, and I think we can help you, but it would have been better for you to start your own thread on the forum for this, as this thread isn't really intended to give you feedback. You will be able to attach files, links and post your data after you have acquired about 8-posts. New members are limited to avoid spamming. So make a few posts.

This link will give you an idea how to get screenshots and post images: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

The first thing I notice is that you're running your machine wide-open at 4-20 pressure. You will be more likely to prevent the onset of apnea at that "magic time" if your would set the minimum pressure closer to the therapeutic pressure you require. That is going to be something like your 90% pressure minus 2.0, or your average pressure, whichever is less.

Please don't hesitate to copy your post above and start a thread so we can give you more individualized attention and follow your progress.

Tom
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
(09-10-2015, 03:57 PM)cmk17 Wrote: Which brings me to my last point -- what do I do about that magic time when my breathing seems to go wacko even with the CPAP (and minimal to no leakage)? Is there someone I can share my sleepyhead data with who can give me pointers about what else might be happening at that magical time (3am)? I don't (yet) understand what all the various and sundry charts mean but have been reading the fabulous documentation on sleepyhead to try to better analyze my situation. I'm at a loss and would love to hear some of your ideas.

In any case, I am here and paying attention and reading just about everything I can. Thank you again for all of your help!

Best,
cmk17

It would be best to start a thread in the main forum for this, so that everyone sees it Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Will do. I'll first get up to my requisite number of posts and then start a new thread.

Best,
cmk17
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Questions from New Member
Cmk17, I went ahead and moved these posts here.

Many people have reported that witching hour effect where it seems there's a cluster of events in the wee morning hours. Like many things CPAP, it will probably fade away with time. Meanwhile there's nothing to worry about because you're sleeping well.

I like to set the maximum end of the pressure range above my 95th percentile because I know I'll go there 5% of the time and I don't want that waking me up. I was able to find a maximum value that I rarely reach that's just a bit above the 95th percentile and I'm happy with that.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 163 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 139 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 69 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.