Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] RESMED OXIMETRY KIT FOR AIRSENSE 10 SERIES
[split] RESMED OXIMETRY KIT FOR AIRSENSE 10 SERIES
[This thread is a split from a Product Review thread - Moderator]

would this work on a MAC too, or only Windows??

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED OXIMETRY KIT FOR AIRSENSE 10 SERIES [discussion]
This oximeter connects to the ResMed machine, and its data is recorded on the SD card along with all the apnea data. As long as you use SleepyHead, you can collect and display the data on your Mac.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED OXIMETRY KIT FOR AIRSENSE 10 SERIES
(09-22-2017, 06:19 PM)storywizard Wrote: would this work on a MAC too, or only Windows??

Storywizard

The unit places its data on an SD card which can be read by Windows and Mac.

ResMed's ResScan is only available for Windows, so you could not use that particular software. However Sleepyhead is available on the Mac and it is a great alternative (in some ways better) than ResScan.

You could always virtualize the operating system of run a version of Windows on a Mac -- but their are no guarantees as I have not done it myself.  Check out  VMware Fusion to run ResScan on the MAC. You could experiment with the 30-day free trial offer if you are so inclined. Just make sure that you lock the SD card before inserting it into any drive.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
so what you are saying is I could just use my Mac with Sleepyhead with this device? Sounds good to me..
Thanks for the reply

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2017, 06:19 PM)storywizard Wrote: would this work on a MAC too, or only Windows??

Storywizard

I imported the data to Sleepyhead om my Mac without difficulty.

Actually, I tried to use the Oximetry Wizard (built into Sleepyhead) and that failed. I thought it was incompatible. Then I discovered the Oximetry data imports with the CPAP (etc) data automatically and was in the charts without my realizing it was there at first. Only because I happened to scroll did I find it.

But it works with Macs seamlessly.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2017, 08:58 PM)Spy Car Wrote:

Storywizard

Actually, I tried to use the Oximetry Wizard (built into Sleepyhead) and that failed. I thought it was incompatible. Then I discovered the Oximetry data imports with the CPAP (etc) data automatically and was in the charts without my realizing it was there at first. Only because I happened to scroll did I find it.

Bill

Same experience in Windows ... did you see anything in the "Statistics" page for oximetry values?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2017, 09:31 PM)srlevine1 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 08:58 PM)Spy Car Wrote:

Storywizard

Bill

Same experience in Windows ... did you see anything in the "Statistics" page for oximetry values?

I don't see any Oximetry data (5 days worth) on the Statistics page. I have also not tried messing with any settings or display preferences in Sleepyhead. It did show up in my regular daily charts.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] RESMED OXIMETRY KIT FOR AIRSENSE 10 SERIES
I've added the oximetry data missing from the stats page to my bug list. Would somebody check to see if it's missing from the Overview charts as well? I don't recall seeing any mention of oximetry data in the Export CSV routines, either...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2017, 11:57 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I've added the oximetry data missing from the stats page to my bug list. Would somebody check to see if it's missing from the Overview charts as well? I don't recall seeing any mention of oximetry data in the Export CSV routines, either...

On my Mac (with no display setting adjustments) I'm not seeing Oximetry data in Overview or Statistics views.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that's kind of what I expected. I'll add it to my list. I may need some zip files of SD cards from some of you, at some point. Unless I can convince my DME to loan me a ResMed unit for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 360 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,599 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,766 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.