Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] ResMed AirFit F30 - Helpful Tips
RE: [split] ResMed AirFit F30 - Helpful Tips
(04-22-2020, 12:17 PM)hegel Wrote: I tried the Amara view with no real success some years ago. It leaked badly. I'd really like to try this f30 however. It looks to have a better design. I jiust emailed my R.R.T. at Kaiser asking if one is available for trial. They're a bit pricey to try only to find it doesn't work.

Any comments comparing the Amara and this?
No help here on the fit or leakage comparison, but on prices, yes.

You mention in your profile having a FFM.  If it's an F20, the QuietAir elbow is the same on as on the F30.  And the Amara View headgear is better than the F30 headgear - similar pricing on Amazon and eBay.  You just have to swap out the magnetic clips on the headgear to the ResMed style.  So if you already have those two items, you can just buy a replacement frame cushion and headgear and you have an F30 setup for way less money.

64159 - F30 Frame
64150 - F30 Cushion, Small
64151 - F30 Cushion, Medium
64161 - F30 Headgear (2nd choice)
1090697 (Standard), 1090696 (Large) - Amara View Headgear (1st choice if you have the ResMed mag. clips)
ResMed F30 Fitting Template
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
O.K. sorry I'm having a little trouble following your instructions.

I have two headgear and full mask and assembly for the Airfit f 20.

I also have headgear and mask for an Amara View.

my ideal would be to simply buy an F30 cushion and slap it on the F20 headgear and plastic holder thingy that the cushion snaps into. simple.

But due to Murphy's law, maybe this isn' t possible. You lost me with using the Amara view headgear for the F30, and swapping out the magnetic clips. Dammit I'm a musician, not an engineer!

edit: I got out my old Amara view, washed it and just tried it out on 40 minute doze. I'm much more adept at adjusting the straps on full face mask now than when I tried this out years ago. It worked very well! but I didn't really sleep. It still feels finicky but I rolled over on my sides and it was fine. I have a medium; pretty sure I need a large; or more likely, a medium and a half.
this solves my two main issues if I can get it to work without a ton of leaks. the F30 would too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry.  Perhaps my explanation was lacking.

If you want to try the F30 cushion, it only comes in small or medium.  I use a medium.  The F30 cushion won't fit the F20 frame.  The F30 and F20 frames are quite different in design and size.  And the F30 frame won't work with the F20 headgear.  The knee bone connected to the leg bone, etc.

So, for me, I bought:
64159 - F30 Frame
64151 - F30 Cushion, Medium
1090697 (Standard) - Amara View Headgear

The only things F20 that you will need would be the QuietAir elbow and magnetic clips.
I spent less than half of the cost of a complete F30 mask assembly on my pieced-together F30 system.

The F30 headgear has a smaller pad on the rear of the head as compared to the Amara View.  It gave me a dull perpetual headache right at that spot.  The Amara View headgear cured that.  Also, the Amara View headgear has an adjustable strap over the top of the head.  The F30 does not, or did not.  I have seen pictures of the F30 with an adjustable top strap, so that may be a recent upgrade.

For some people, the F30 just doesn't fit.  But I suppose that's always a potential problem/risk with any cushion/mug combination.  I wish there was a better way to quickly determine the best mask/mug fit, but I don't know of one.  I'm completely out of pocket, so anything I want to try is on my dime.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, Raybee. 

I'm with Kaiser and they let you try out masks..how many, I'm not sure. I emailed one of my sleep lab folks asking if they have an F30 to try but so far no response. They may have all been furloughed!!

That would be my best option for sure. it would be free.

Supplier #1 has a 30 day trial period which is great. But if Kaiser carries this and it works, it would be much cheaper for me to get it through them.

Tonight's the big Amara View trial. I'll see....it didn't really work last time out...
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2020, 12:00 PM)RayBee Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 11:52 PM)freddyfl209 Wrote: RayBee, or Someone else.

Would you please measure this height (in mm/cm), so I may compare to my current Amara View mask. It would be very helpfull

Thanks
Fred

Sorry about the delay Fred.  I just saw this yesterday.  Hope this helps.

Text is a bit small, but - 50mm squared up to the opening, 52 to 53mm angled from point to point from hard plastic to soft silicone transition.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22167]
Thanks Okay. Delays are fine.
Thanks for the measurements.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,232 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,300 6 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,357 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.