Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] ResMed AirFit F30 - Helpful Tips
RE: ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips
(10-13-2019, 09:53 PM)RayBee Wrote: AirTouch Medium nose-to-nose with AirFit F30
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16179]

I take it the AirFit F30 is on the RIGHT?
And one the very left of the image is the memory foam on the AirTouch ?
I don't see any 'foam' on the mask on the right hand side of the image.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I am getting confused here.

So the AIRFIT F30 (This thread) is Silicon ? (Y/N)

The Airfit f20, is nasal, if the images I saw are any thing to go on ? (Y/N)

The AirTouch F20, has the same, F20 in its name and appears to be confusing people, like me.

Similar names and models.
So how did the F30 end up needing replacement every month? Just Profit again?
Post Reply Post Reply
The memory foam is on the Left. You can see some of the gray memory foam on the left border of the image. The F30 is the smaller mask cushion on the right.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirFit F30 is silicone, yes.

The Airfit F20 is a full face, not nasal, signified by the F in its model name.

There is an AirFit F20 that is silicone and an AirTouch F20 in memory foam. These both are standard looking Full Face Masks.

The AirFit F30 is also silicone and is also full face. It is more of a hybrid mask, part full face and part nasal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
freddyfl209, Resmed prefixes their masks with the letter that describes the mask type.  F =  Full Face Mask (FFM),  N = Nasal Mask, and P = (Nasal) Pillow.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup...  What Dave and Crimson Nape said.  Thanks

Let me confuse the situation even further. Huhsign 

ResMed also introduced fairly new animal into the zoo called an F30i.  I won't try to explain it.  Just look it up on the internet and see what the new one looks like.  I don't know anything about it personally other than it is quite different than everything mentioned so far.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2020, 10:17 PM)RayBee Wrote: Yup...  What Dave and Crimson Nape said.  Thanks

Let me confuse the situation even further. Huhsign 

ResMed also introduced fairly new animal into the zoo called an F30i.  I won't try to explain it.  Just look it up on the internet and see what the new one looks like.  I don't know anything about it personally other than it is quite different than everything mentioned so far.

Thanks Dave and Crimson.
Thanks RayBee
The I, from what I've been reading is the tub is moved to the top of the head, not on the front of the mask.
Bet $10 I am wrong on this

The AirFit F30, you mentioned is a hybrid, full face. So it's more mouth and under nose. Same as Amara View ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] ResMed AirFit F30 - Helpful Tips
I'm finding the ResMed masks that have an i in their model name are top of head connection styled. As in F30i which is a brand new mask not described by OP. Waiting on the $10.

A yes as I understand the F30 and Amara View are similar and may be called hybrid masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=21597][attachment=21597]
(04-02-2020, 10:16 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Waiting on the $10.

Fresh out of $10 notes. Do you have change????

Post Reply Post Reply
RayBee, or Someone else.

Would you please measure this height (in mm/cm), so I may compare to my current Amara View mask. It would be very helpfull

Thanks
Fred
PS. You can have the change from [b]SarcasticDave94 Big Grin [/b]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,973 1 hour ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,341 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 145 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.