Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] ResMed AirSense 10 Humidifier Tank Problems
ResMed S10 humidification chambers in photo
Hope the image is attached...

there are two reservoirs sold for this unit. One is labelled "use distilled water only" and the other is not.

I'm trying to help because  I had leaks in the cheaper humidifier chamber I bought for my last cpap (ResMed S9 E)  It leaked after 6 months use.

ferns thanks for your video. You've provided a great resource.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
I tried to do some research on the cheap version and the dishwasher safe version of the ResMed 10 AutoSet water chambers. Other than a price difference, there wasn't a much info. to discern. 

Both have lids that open. Both appear to me, to be as easy to clean as the other. Of course, w/o having a more expensive one in front of me to examine, I can't come to any rock solid conclusion. 

All that I know, is that I'm still using my original water chamber that came with my machine. My 1st night of therapy was Sept. 11th, 2018. 

As I've mentioned in the past, the chamber gets emptied each and every morning before I even get dressed. It gets wiped dry with some tissue, and allowed to further air dry for a few hours. 

When I decided to stop using distilled water, I called the DME supplier I got it from and spoke to an RT. He said using tap water would be just fine, although, mineral deposits would build up from the tap water. He advised me to not let it get bad and just use white vinegar to get rid of it. 

I asked him if dumping the water each morning would be a good idea? He said that would be fantastic, but told me that he quit recommending that because the vast majority of people simply do not follow thru on it. 

For me, the water chamber is the easiest part of the CPAP to keep clean and in good order. I have no reason what-so-ever to clean one via a dishwasher. 

The next time I'm due supplies, I'm going to request a dishwasher safe water chamber, just so I can see what it's all about. My DME supplier is very good about letting me change supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] ResMed AirSense 10 Humidifier Tank Problems
My experience is very limited with the S10 + the two chambers. I just got the S10...

If it were normal times I would have used the cheap tank as long as I could. Considering we've had one shut down, I decided to buy the dishwasher safe version and use it. I have the cheap one as a spare. Figure I'm covered. Wink

Said before--if I have to use all this cr-p every night it had better work.

The s10 is so much better than my s9 was. It's quieter. It's more convenient. It works. I'm so happy that participants here recommended it.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
(11-04-2020, 04:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: By "white strip" are you referring to the tab above the latch?  I have a half dozen of these things, and they all come apart ate the hinge.  They do seem to eventually fail by having some water between the plastic case and aluminum.  I don't think tap or distilled water will make a difference, and can't imagine how that would affect the seal.  The thermal expansion of aluminum is much greater than stainless steel (0.000014 vs 0.000006 in/degree F).

It was the DME that suggested I use distilled water with the cheap tank. 

My S9E humidifier tank had a pinhole leak after 6 month's use.  I pulled out the old beaten spare I had kept. (a dishwasher-safe humidifier tank for the s9. I used that until I replaced that old wonder with my brand new S10.

I found using distilled water to be a pain.

Sleeprider the photo is in post 11....(I'm colourblind...I describe colours as I see them. Wink )
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 475 4 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,829 9 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 66 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,628 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,011 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,817 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.