Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] ResMed P30I and leak issue
[split] ResMed P30I and leak issue
I’ve had leak issues with EVERY mask I tried.  I modified my facial hair several times without success.  So maybe I have to live with mask leaks and elevated therapy pressure.  But wait!  The Resmed airfit P30i nasal pillows mask and a tiny piece of mouth tape have solved ALL of my mask issues.
Last night's leak rate was 7L/ min.  Therapy pressure around 9 cm  not 12 or 14.  NO MASK STRAP MARKS!  NONE!!
My provider loaned me a mask with no time limit to decide.  The first night told me what I needed to know but I kept the test running for 14 nights.  A fantastic mask.  Oh and by the way no humidity, not a drop of water or degree of tube heat for 14 nights.  I gave them my report along with the data card to prove the pressure and leak changes and after 14 nights gladly bought one.  Best mask ever for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed P30I and leak issue
(06-30-2019, 02:43 PM)bfmccarthy Wrote: I’ve had leak issues with EVERY mask I tried.  I modified my facial hair several times without success.  So maybe I have to live with mask leaks and elevated therapy pressure.  But wait!  The Resmed airfit P30i nasal pillows mask and a tiny piece of mouth tape have solved ALL of my mask issues.
Last night's leak rate was 7L/ min.  Therapy pressure around 9 cm  not 12 or 14.  NO MASK STRAP MARKS!  NONE!!
My provider loaned me a mask with no time limit to decide.  The first night told me what I needed to know but I kept the test running for 14 nights.  A fantastic mask.  Oh and by the way no humidity, not a drop of water or degree of tube heat for 14 nights.  I gave them my report along with the data card to prove the pressure and leak changes and after 14 nights gladly bought one.  Best mask ever for me.

Do those nodules on the cushion of the P30i go in your nose? Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed P30I and leak issue
Well yes BUT you use the largest size you can handle so they they more plug your nostrils than fill them.  You can out this mask on or take it off while wearing glasses.  It is almost invisible from the wearers perspective.  Honestly I love this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 32 1 hour ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 57 7 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 53 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 80 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,316 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 76 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 620 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.