Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] ResScan - [version 5.7]
[split] ResScan - [version 5.7]
Hello there! I'm new here, but far from new to using CPAP (diagnosed more than 10 years ago).

Before coming here to learn about the AirStart 10, I bought one (got it for an amazing price and haven't had a home machine for a long time due to prices, my travel one has been doing double-duty).

After downloading and installing ResScan 5.7 (thank you for the download!) it tells me my model is not supported. I realize my model provides less details than the other Airxxxx models, but I figure this is just a software version issue.

Is there anyone that can tell me if there is a newer version of ResScan (it looks like 5.7 was released before May 2016) that may support my machine's limited data?

Sleepyhead isn't a very good suggestion as I've already tried it, and it does not read the data from my SD card properly (the machine provides AHI, EPR and other data but SleepyHead just reports 0.00 for everything - maybe it needs an update Smile

So, if anyone knows if there is a newer ResScan, that's really what I'm looking to find out.

P.S. As a side note, I've read a lot of negativity around the AirStart10 and ResMed's decision to create it. I can tell you, I think it is a great machine for the price (I paid $379 with free shipping) and am very satisfied with the performance. By the way - the AirSencse10 Clinic Menu procedure is the same on the AirStart10 (Instead of pushing the dial, you push the OK button).

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan - [version 5.7]
i believe 5.7 is the most recent version. If you just requested and were sent the link, then that's the only link we have at present.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan - newer version than 5.7?
(01-02-2017, 09:31 PM)Agent942 Wrote: Hello there! I'm new here, but far from new to using CPAP (diagnosed more than 10 years ago).

Before coming here to learn about the AirStart 10, I bought one (got it for an amazing price and haven't had a home machine for a long time due to prices, my travel one has been doing double-duty).

After downloading and installing ResScan 5.7 (thank you for the download!) it tells me my model is not supported. I realize my model provides less details than the other Airxxxx models, but I figure this is just a software version issue.

Is there anyone that can tell me if there is a newer version of ResScan (it looks like 5.7 was released before May 2016) that may support my machine's limited data?

Sleepyhead isn't a very good suggestion as I've already tried it, and it does not read the data from my SD card properly (the machine provides AHI, EPR and other data but SleepyHead just reports 0.00 for everything - maybe it needs an update Smile

I haven't been around much lately, and the AirStart 10 is fairly new, so I'd appreciate it if someone would confirm or deny the following:

I think the AirStart 10 is what we call a "brick." It only records "compliance" data, which makes a note of the time you turn it on and off, the pressure settings and nothing else. It won't tell you ANYTHING about how well your therapy is working. You could still have very severe apnea and the machine will give you no indication at all.

If it IS a brick, NO program will give you any data other than "compliance" data. Not SleepyHead, not ResScan, not a custom written program. The data isn't on the SD card.

Can someone please confirm this or correct me?

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
archangle,
You are correct.
The AirStart 10 is a "brick".
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So to be clear, even though the machine clearly displays AHI, EPR status, Average Pressure per use, Time used per session/month/total, None of this data makes it to the card?

I have to say, I'm surprised this data is viewable on the machine's display, but not copied to the card.

Not to be disrespectful, but can someone tell me how this has been confirmed?
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirStart10 will give you AHI, hours used. Also has EPR and ramp feature. It should come with a data card, and that basic information should be on the card.

It will not give you any "detailed" data like flow charts, breakdown of AHI, and a host of other data that alot of us like to keep track of. You can look on the forum and see some of the SleepyHead graphs that are posted from data capable machines. The machine you have doesn't have the capability of giving that detailed data.

Description
The AirStart 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir Heated Humidifier is a user friendly CPAP designed to make sleep therapy easy and convenient with great basic features and no complicated settings. Just press start and you’re ready to go. AirStart 10 comes with a built-in HumidAir Humidifier, advanced comfort with EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) and basic therapy tracking capabilities.

INTELLIGENT & SIMPLE
AirStart 10's elegant design -- with a wide pressure range, pressure ramp, EPR pressure relief, slimline tubing, and an internal heated humidifier -- is ideal for people who need a simple, high quality, reliable sleep therapy solution without any unnecessary extras.

INTELLIGENT CONTROLS & LCD SCREEN
AirStart 10's color LCD Display features user friendly on-screen menus to adjust settings such as humidity level, ramp, and EPR pressure relief. In addition it has an ambient light sensor that adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the amount of light in the room. So if you get up during the night and need to pause your therapy, the screen will stay dim so it doesn’t disrupt your partner. The screen’s back light also turns off automatically to help you fall back to sleep without disturbance.

airstart cpapBUILT-IN HUMIDAIR HUMIDIFIER
Heated humidification helps patients to sleep better and longer, without dry mouth or discomfort, during CPAP therapy. ResMed's HumidAir Humidifier is built directly into the AirStart 10 so it is much smaller and simpler than other "integrated" humidifier options. The AirStart's HumidAir humidifier is easily adjustable from the "My Options" screen on the device. You can turn humidity off completely or choose levels from 1 to 8, where 1 is the lowest humidity setting and 8 is the highest.

EXPIRATORY PRESSURE RELIEF (EPR) & RAMP FOR COMFORT
ResMed's EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) feature reduces the work of breathing during exhalation providing a gentler pressure that naturally adapts to your breathing cycle throughout the night. EPR can be turned off entirely or you can choose levels from 1 to 3, where 1 is the minimum pressure relief and 3 is the maximum. In addition to EPR, AirStart's Pressure Ramp slowly increases therapy levels, to the prescribed pressure, at the beginning of each sleep therapy session to ensure that falling asleep is comfortable and easy.

SLIM, LIGHTWEIGHT TUBING INCLUDED
AirStart 10 CPAP comes with ResMed's ultra-light SlimLine CPAP tubing which is 40% lighter than traditional CPAP tubing.

BASIC THERAPY REPORTING & ON SCREEN DISPLAY
AirStart 10's onboard "Sleep Report" is a valuable tool letting you know how your therapy is progressing each day. In the Sleep Report you can view basic therapy data like usage hours, mask seal indicators, humidification indicators, and AHI. AirStart 10 also comes with an SD Data Card that can be removed from the device and provided to your physician for therapy tracking.

THERAPY DATA & COMPLIANCE
Data Storage SD Data Card
Data Included 365 Days of Summary Data
Data Viewing On Screen Sleep Report
AirView SD Card-to-Cloud

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2017, 08:29 PM)Agent942 Wrote: So to be clear, even though the machine clearly displays AHI, EPR status, Average Pressure per use, Time used per session/month/total, None of this data makes it to the card?

I have to say, I'm surprised this data is viewable on the machine's display, but not copied to the card.

Not to be disrespectful, but can someone tell me how this has been confirmed?

I'm pretty sure all _that_ data gets written to the SD card. That's pretty paltry compared to the event type, time and durations, and most especially the flow and pressure high-rate waveform data recorded by the AirSense Elite and Autoset, and other machines we call 'data-capable'. It's that additional data that allows you or your doctor to fine-tune your settings for the best therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
From Supplier #1's website:

"...The AirStart™ 10 CPAP records basic compliance data to the included SD card. The SD card can be removed and given to a physician for therapy tracking."

That's a brick.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that sounds like it may be what I call a "semi-brick." It gives you a nightly average AHI, but no detailed data, such as when the events happen, airflow waveforms, etc. It may or may not distinguish a central apnea from an obstructive apnea, etc.

Once again, we need some more data on what the machine actually does.

I haven't seen a lot of info on the AirStart from ResMed, but I haven't done a lot of looking recently.

If it does record a nightly average AHI, that IS useful information. It can give a good indication that everything is OK. If there is something wrong, it doesn't give you much help figuring out what is wrong or how to fix it.

Look at it this way. It's a cold morning and your car windows are frosted over. A brick machine is like scraping a hand sized hole in the ice on your windshield. A semi-brick is like scraping most of your front windshield clean. A fully data capable machine is like scraping the front window and the side windows clean.

It also appears there's an AirStart 10 Auto.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirStart 10 a brick?
There's a thread from September about these semi-bricks.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...IRSTART-10
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.