Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Return to treatment - CA's and Periodic Breathing
RE: Return to treatment - CA's and Periodic Breathing
Ok, so I wore the cervical collar last night. Seemed to be doing the job of keeping my chin up as it was pushing my teeth together which took some getting used to. Managed to get to sleep without much issue though and slept through the night. Numbers this morning were dissapointing.

I'm not sure why Oscar said that "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown". Never seen that before. I tried rebuilding CPAP data, but that didn't fix it. Anyways, the settings are the same. 10cm CPAP, EPR off.

Here is the chart.

Post Reply Post Reply
Central apnea is consistently inconsistent. While disappointing, it seems the collar was tolerated well. I don't want to rush to judge based on this one night. Don't worry too much about the mode and pressure setting message. Oscar was reprogrammed to let you know if the data is present or not, and this happens from time to time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll keep everything the same tonight and post my chart again tomorrow. 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I did some experimenting before bed last night observing how free my breathing was with the collar on with and without my pillow. (that is why there is a gap at the beginning of the chart)

I did notice an improvement in airflow without the pillow so when I went to bed I slept without it.

Definitely an improvement, but still not there. (and not very comfortable.. lol) I'm now remembering why I stopped using the collar the first time.. it's starting to give me a sore neck.

My pillow is adjustable as it is cubed memory foam which can be added/removed. I will try removing some foam to see if I can flatten the pillow while still having it be as comfortable as possible.

Anyways, here is my chart:

Post Reply Post Reply
What has happened when using EPR? Did that significantly increase CA events? If at all possible, I'd like to get some EPR into your therapy to try to address the flow limitation and hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll turn on EPR tonight. Which setting would you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
Full time at 2. Let’s start slow, but your flow limits can use more pressure support and I’m sure the reason we haven’t done it is out of concern for increasing centrals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a plan. I’ll set it as suggested and post my chart tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,563 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 291 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 352 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 142 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  periodic leg movement sheepless 151 16,827 04-13-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 129 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.