Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Resmed vs Philips Bi-Level Machine Differences
[split] Resmed vs Philips Bi-Level Machine Differences
(03-06-2020, 12:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Therapy looks very good, but if you really want to take it to the next level, keep an eye out for a Resmed Aircure 10 Vauto. This bilevel machine has the best ocmfort features for treatment of UARS and flow limitation of any machine on the market. While your Philips lets you manipulate pressure, the Resmed Vauto provides full control of EPAP, IPAP, and the timing of inspiration as well as trigger and cycle sensitivity. 

Hi there, 

I was wondering how come you recommend just the Resmed Aircurve V Auto?  Can the same parameters not also be changed on the Dreamstation Auto BiPAP?  I am looking at moving from an APAP to a Bi-Level machine myself and am trying to see how those two machines stack up against each other for the treatment of UARS specifically.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Resmed vs Philips Bi-Level Machine Differences
On paper they stack up very well together. ResMed responds much faster and better than PR to Flow Limits, The PR is more optimized to responding to Snores rather than Flow Limits. Flow Limits are a significant portion of UARS.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used both machines, and found the Resmed consistently more effective and comfortable. Both are good and better than CPAP where pressure support is wanted. What would I buy? Resmed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a phillips dream station and tried to get mine under control and never could. Got the VAUTO and consistently have been much better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,832 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 85 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,134 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 64 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,009 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.