Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Respironics machine: what does it all mean?
[split] Respironics machine: what does it all mean?
I have never done anything but just push the knob to turn the unit on. Can someone please explain what if any of the options on the screen I should activate?

On the humidifier I have pushed the blue arrow button and refilled it with water. Is there anything else I should do?[/size][/font]

Sorry but I had a stroke and can't recall what I was told.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Respironics machine: what does it all mean?
Are you using a heated hose? If not, then if you just turn the round knob, you can set the humidify on 1 through 5. Try leaving it on 2 or 3 and make sure you have water in the chamber.

If you want to preheat the water in the chamber, about 15 minutes before you go to bed, turn the round knob untill "therapy" is highlighted, then press down on the round knob (don't turn it) and it will preheat the water.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2015, 03:14 PM)eddiestinson Wrote: Sorry but I had a stroke and can't recall what I was told.

Eddie: Sorry to hear that.

Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Eddie, welcome to Appnea Board.

Maybe it will help for you to request by email the setup manual (clinician guide) for your machine.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure

Remember to take the water tank out of the machine before moving it or turning it over to see its model number (REF#).

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2015, 03:14 PM)eddiestinson Wrote: I have never done anything but just push the knob to turn the unit on. Can someone please explain what if any of the options on the screen I should activate?
Depend on the model ... Plus, SE, and models numbers below 450/460 does not have data options

vsheline gave you the link for the clinical manual, here setup information with pictures and a video
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,276 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,824 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 115 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 267 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 568 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 310 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 858 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.