Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Rice95 Therapy [positional apnea, help with collars]
RE: [split] Rice95 Therapy [positional apnea, help with collars]
Thank you Opal 
The Corflex is what I use. It’s been the most dependable. I’ve been experimenting with different tightness levels. I think I’m figuring it out.

Btw Last night I had a 1.3 reading.
When it’s bad it’s a combination of being on my back and the collar too loose. 
Thank you for chiming in.
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
            Coffee Hi all. I'll try to post once or twice a week and update for everyone.  I've been away and I'm finally back in the swing of things. 

I struggle with mostly OA. I've been wearing my collar but last night was a huge issue. I've never had numbers that high wearing my device. 

Overall I feel rested, some nights not as much. 

Here's a shot of some nights this week.
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Post Reply Post Reply
The first chart is pretty ugly!  The third chart is much better.  You know what the issue is, so all you can do is keep trying.  

You're just one if those people that can't tolerate sleeping on your back.  Although the collar if fitted right should stop much of that positional apnea.

Re-read this, you can see that your data looks the same as the examples.  Possibly, a different collar is in order.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thank you Opal for chiming in and taking care of me! 
I’ll read that link. I’ll post tomorrow with an update from tonight. 
What is weird is numbers that high would be if I had no collar at all! Seal was good…I must have spent the whole night in my back  Oh-jeez

Post Reply Post Reply
This might be an extreme suggestion, but have you ever given consideration to using a camera to record yourself during sleep? Just a thought... Thinking-about
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Good Morning!

Here are my last 3 nights. 

Note: last night I had my collar on but took everything off to deal with a beeping smoke alarm in the middle of the night, and was so tired, I didn't put it back on. The Cpap was on though.  Oh-jeez

Anything other than positional issues here that needs to be fixed?

I'm fine with numbers between 0-3 if at all possible. I don't feel completely unrested though, but have felt better.

Thank you so much!!! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see any other problems except the positional apnea.

Flow Limitations are a little high, but that seems to be in-line with the positional apnea.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks Opal. Good to know. Settings still ok? 
They are original to the ones you had me change to a long time ago.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, try raising your minimum pressure a bit, maybe to 9.6. I didn't suggest it prior because you still have positional apnea and I don't know if it will help.

You also have Flow Limitation that isn't resolved even though using EPR 3. So move the minimum pressure up a little and keep working on staying off your back, and/or trying a different style collar.

Give it a couple nights and repost.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I’ll give it a whirl. 

Anyone out there that use a collar that gives you consistent results? 
I currently use the Corflex and it’s hit and miss

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,056 1 hour ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 222 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 372 5 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 72 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,357 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 599 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 492 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.