Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Rice95 Therapy [positional apnea, help with collars]
[split] Rice95 Therapy [positional apnea, help with collars]
Prior therapy thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Rice95-Therapy

Coffee

Back to the collar! One big cluster, but very much improved. From 13 to 3. 

I left EPR at 2. Should I be at 3 for best results?

I'm concerned about leaks. What should it be for the Max rate?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rice95 Therapy
EPR of 3 would be better for controlling Flow Limitations and Hypopnea, but might cause an increase in Obstructives or central's. The EPAP is what helps the airway from collapsing.  In time you may need to raise the minimum a little.  In other words, if you use EPAP 3, your minimum pressure should be raised to 10cm.  

If your able to control the positional problem (which BTW looks good on this chart), then use EPR 3.   Try it a few nights and see how it goes.  

Your leak rate is ok, but keep watch on it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK
I'll try 3 tonight and see if I can keep it under control for a few days. I've had really good numbers with 3 before---although 2 seemed fine last night. 

Always an adventure!!
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning Coffee

Numbers haywire. I'm not used to this. Got up to go to the bathroom at 230. Laid awake for about 30 min

1. Collar snug

2. EPR changed back to 3

Help  Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Rice95 Therapy [positional apnea, help with collars]
What collar are you using? It doesn't seem to be working that well.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure I turned over on my back...this collar is much better than the other one I had. There is no chance I am ticking my chin with this one.
It fits really well. Its called Velpau Neck Brace(style is "comfort" on Amazon.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Well, another night of 6+ numbers. 
I’m thinking the collar I just got is not tall enough(wide enough) I just now ordered the one I was using when I had much better numbers.  This one is going back. Opal you were right!!
The new one I’ve been wearing was really really comfortable but I noticed it was not near as wide when I got it. I wanted to make it work but numbers 3 consecutive nights can’t be this bad wearing a collar.

Post Reply Post Reply
Positional apnea (chin tucking) can happen whether you are on your back or side. I used to have a problem on my side curled up in a fetal position with my chin tucked. So be aware it can happen on your side too.

It is a habit and you have to be more aware how you sleep.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
You might have to start setting up a camera to record how you sleep...
Rolleyes
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
Thank you Opal! 

Gear:

Cpap complete with hose out of the head look from outer space 

Eye Mask for old people (sporting the black )

Neck Collar (I’ve been in a car accident look)

Throw pillows. One tucked in the small of my back and the other between my knees) 

Tripod and camera (possibly the next step) 

My wife and daughter will never let me live this down. I’m thinking the old collar is going to do the trick. Arrives on a week or so.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,079 4 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 227 7 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 379 8 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 74 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,363 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 602 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 493 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.