Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI issue.
AHI issue.
I've been a successful BiPAP users for 9 years: AHI 5 or lower, 7 hours per night. Suddenly my AHI is through the roof, 30 to 50. Mask fit is good. This is disastrous for me as I have diabetes and the high AHIs generates adrenaline which triggers glucose. My diabetes is no longer under control with my A1C up to 9.6. What is causing this after years of success? Thanks for your help, Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SHI issue.
If you could post a sleepyhead chart it would be helpful.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI issue.
+1
Have you changed any medicine?
Are the events mostly obstructions? If so, a little more pressure is all that may be needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zeeser,
Man...that's a major bummer. Like Walla Walla said, post a reading to see what it looks like. Never seen that happen...at least not that bad.

My personal inclination is to think that something is wrong with your machine. Motor growing weak or something like that. Change filters, new hose, anything else that might be an issue.

Do you have a spare machine? Try using it for a few days to see if that makes you feel better.

Do you tend to have centrals? It would be good to see if there's a change in the nature of your events.

Last but not least: I would suggest that you see your Doc in case there's something subtle going on that could effect things. Mini stroke or something like that. Hope you get this ironed out soon.
JD
Post Reply Post Reply
Tom, your machine is compatible with #Sleepyhead. Please download the software and follow the links in my signature that describe how to post your charts. This remarkable increase in AHI is either obstructive or central, and therein lies the question, and solution. We need to know what kind of events you are having to provide a response. With a bilevel pressure of 18/14 I kind of suspect these new events are central. So consider if you have had a change in any medication or health issues that correspond with the change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,319 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 76 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 621 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 168 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 332 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,201 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  New Machine Issue pamm777 3 260 01-21-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.