Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask leaks vs apnea events
Mask leaks vs apnea events
Curious as to which should be the bigger concern.  I have an resmed P10.  I rarely get a score of 100 on MyAir by resmed because of losing points for leaks THAT DO NOT WAKE ME UP during the night.  My "events" are always less than 2 (again not using sleepyhead so scores are relative I guess).  Almost seems to be an inverse relationships between leaks and events--more leaks yield less events.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Do I have any reason to be concerned?  When using resmed N20 my air score was almost always 100 and events very low.  But I truly like the P10 for weight and air exhaust.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask leaks vs apnea events
Ticman1, I'm fighting leaks as well.  However, although MyAir sometimes agrees with SleepyHead, my confidence in it is almost zero, and the information it provides isn't very useful to me in treating my issues.  (I also have ResScan, which I see by your profile that you use; it's much more helpful but doesn't hold a candle to SleepyHead.)  Is there a reason you don't like SH other than the complexity of it, I'd like to know.

Anyway, like you, I haven't been awakened by my events even though some have been major leaks.  Well, I have been awakened because of a leak so bad that I was dry-mouthed and my mask was probably blowing as much at me as in me – but I don't recall that being associated with an event other than the leak and the associated graphs (flow, respiration, etc.) looking like my weedy yard.  I haven't seen a correlation between events and leaks but I very well could be so clueless that I can't see it.

All that being said, I think you could get better advice/analysis by posting ResScan charts, and I'm sure SH charts would provide very good feedback.

Best wishes for your leak-stop success!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask leaks vs apnea events
The only thing I know about MyAir is that it doesn't show all the data that sleepyhead does so I have never used it. If you want to see what is going on, you have to see the relevant data. Sleepyhead is easy and we can help you if needed.

I love the P10. Low leak rate and great comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 30 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 65 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 121 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 145 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 9 223 03-12-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.