Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Take charge of your therapy - Heated tube
[split] Take charge of your therapy - Heated tube
Do you have to pay extra out of pocket for your heated tubing? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Take charge of your therapy - Heated tube
Some times. If you are having trouble with rainout you can use hose covers if you insurance wont cover it. They are about37 to 40 dollars
Post Reply Post Reply
You could find out there is no difference to your out-of-pocket expenses heated vs non-heated. At the most it should only be a few dollars extra. If I were you, I'd ask the DME supplier or a customer service rep at you health insurance to be sure. That's what I've done already.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My supply company tell me the heated hose for the resmed air sense is $41.  This is a new machine. I had been using Resmed s9 with a different provider, and never had to pay extra for the doctor prescribed heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heated tubing is reimbursed by insurance if it is part of the prescription. You would owe any deductible or copay. The full cost of a Climateline heated hose is about $32 on Amazon if you choose to save yourself the hassle.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, that price isn't very friendly. Sounds maybe like the DME isn't getting insurance to pay for heated hose, or maybe insurance is up against a limit. Honestly I'm guessing because I really don't know what they're doing. For what it's worth besides that, Amazon has ResMed heated hose now $32.90, not a lot of savings but there is that option.

Sleeprider beat me to the post. I did forget the part of being included on the script.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  This provider is in Massachusetts, and I've been having a lot of problems but my doctor wants me to go to them because my husband, who has sleep apnea also, has a non-vented  mask with dead space, and this company apparently knows how to figure that out.
I am going to call Medicare to see if they pay for the tubing. Yes, it is prescribed by the doctor. My other company that I had paid for everything. 
The company that I have now is a small company. I'm wondering if the larger companies, the ones that have offices all over the country, might be better to deal with. Thanks again, All.

Hi. Yes, the heated tubing is part of the prescription.  Thank you for telling me about the tubing on Amazon. I am going to look it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Original Medicare, and YES, they pay for the heated tubing. It has a different code than regular, non-heated tubing. A7037 is CPAP tubing, long and short hoses, A4604 is CPAP Heated tubing. Call your DME up and rag on them about providing you the equipment that you need. If necessary, call your doc's office and have them update the script for heated tubing.

A lot of people get the heated tubing because it is always brand name and quality tubing. If you get the non-heated stuff, they send you a poor quality knockoff.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Medicare 20% share would be $8.00 to $8.70 for the heated hose.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 63 1,022 3 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 355 4 minutes ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 69 10 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,335 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 595 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 184 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 492 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.