Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Therapy Questions
[split] Therapy Questions
Greetings, New to Forum. Can't seem to locate the answer to a specific question I have: Have a Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex 560P
I just adjusted System One resistance to X5. Resmed pillows have no resistance number setting published. I am much more comfortable now. Before the chances however, My 90 day download showed an AHI average of 10. Auto is set on 4 to 20. Since it is an Auto, What adjustment, if any is available to me to reduce my AHI levels to 5 or less if any adjustments are left? I otherwise feel fine but desire less AHI's. I have not asked my supplier or Doctor yet but they have seen the AHI of 10 and have never either looked at it or seem to be alarmed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sincerely, DB 03/19/2016
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Are there any APAP Machines that record SLEEP HOURS
Move the low pressure up and the high pressure down a bit at a time, say go to 6-18 and see how that feels. If that helps move them together 1cm at a time. These machines don't work that well run wide open. I found I had to move my lower pressure up to 11 to prevent the machine pressure running up to the top and staying there. Of course we are all different.

There are links at the top of the page for the clinician's manual that will tell you how to adjust your own pressures. Also to the SleepyHead software which you should install on your computer and check your results every day - it's confusing at first but after awhile you'll begin to see some patterns and be able to connect them to the way you feel.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2016, 02:59 PM)David Beeman Wrote: I otherwise feel fine but desire less AHI's. I have not asked my supplier or Doctor yet but they have seen the AHI of 10 and have never either looked at it or seem to be alarmed.

Hi DB, welcome to Apnea Board and the forum.

Telling your doctor you feel fine is kinda like giving permission for your mildly high AHI to be ignored.

Nonetheless, shame on him or her for not making any effort to optimize treatment.

Typically we need to narrow the pressure range. Wide open pressure settings (4 to 20) may be okay for a few days to get some data to work with, but leaving you with wide open settings for longer than that is medical negligence in my view.

I think it would be best if you can use the SleepyHead program to plot your sleep data and post the results.

However, until you have posted 7 or more times in the forum, the forum software will not let you post a link. You can, however, post small attachments, or can type out statistics in your posts.

Do you have any idea what your average nightly max pressures and 90 or 95 percentile pressures and median pressures have been?

The 90 percentile pressure is the pressure you were at or below for at least 90% of the time. It is also the pressure you were at or above for at least 10% of the time.

As a start, my suggestion would be to raise the Min Pressure setting to about 3 lower than your average 90% or 95% pressure, and to lower the Max Pressure setting to be about 3 higher than your average 90% or 95% pressure.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board. I highly recommend you change your username to something other than your real name by sending a request via Private Mail to SuperSleeper.

I've moved your post to a new thread here so it's likely to get more attention.

I recommend that you tighten up the pressure range. Running wide open at 4-20 is good for seeing your pressure needs, but then it should be adjusted. You will need to know the values of the three indices that add up to your AHI. SleepyHead software is good for that. Also tell us the max, 95th percentile, and median pressures.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.