Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Therapy Questions
RE: [split] Therapy Questions
(04-23-2015, 10:03 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Amen DB and again AMEN.

The tension needed on the straps is dependent on the pressure and the surface area of the mask. Then there are other things that require additional tension due to the topography and fleshiness of one's face. Prominent cheekbones can make it very difficult for a full face mask or a nasal mask to seal all the way around. Deeply recessed nasal bridge can cause the same or additional problem.

A mask that does not have a rigid frame on which the seals (cushions) fit would be helpful for some folks cheekbone and/or nasal bridge problem mentioned above. I think F&P tried to approximate that with the Simplus Mask. At least those are my thoughts.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Dear PaytonA, your suggestion about the development of a non-rigid mask would be a welcome contribution, and i agree wholeheartedly. i used a simplus initially, but have found the resmed quattro a better solution for me personally. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 01:51 PM)nativedancer Wrote: Dear PaytonA, your suggestion about the development of a non-rigid mask would be a welcome contribution, and i agree wholeheartedly. i used a simplus initially, but have found the resmed quattro a better solution for me personally. thanks.

Personally I use the Mirage Quattro and have tried the Simplus. I can make the Simplus work for me but the Mirage Quattro for me requires less fiddling and has less leakage into my eyes which tends to awaken me.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
amen on the quattro, PaytonA. i also tried the quattro air, but found the straps too narrow -- they tend to roll up, affecating the velcro.
Post Reply Post Reply
Though you had an episode of COPD where you nearly died with an O2 sat of 40, perhaps your primary consideration should be adequate 02 sats while on therapy. It seems OP may be playing a modified game of Russian Roulette if one considers his medical history if he continues to fiddle with his pressures. JMO to get an overnight recording pulse oximeter.
Post Reply Post Reply
tedburnsIII, thanks for this. Dr moved O2 to 4 @ night a while back, and I just completed an overnight oximeter study, showing O2 reading 98. I am considering a return to CPAP mode, which I used briefly with some success @the default 8. Having no luck w/the S mode, or with higher pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I did not realize that you are on nighttime supplemental oxygen. Sats are great!

Best wishes,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 11 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.