Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Tracheostomy anyone?
[split] Tracheostomy anyone?
I'd like to revive this thread for a moment. The last post to it was 2013. I am interested in this subject because I have complex sleep apnea and may be running into systemic problems from it, notwithstanding many interventions from CPAP and on (autoCPAP, increased dead space, oxygen in CPAP circuit, side sleeping, MAD, acetazolamide at bed time). I know that the trach would not directly help with the centrals (in fact, I've even read about a temporary increase in centrals following a trach) but at least it would take care of the obstructives and, as I understand it, would allow me to have a reliable ventilation of my centrals. So, again, I'm interested in learning whether anyone in this forum has had a tracheostomy for apnea and, if so, what the outcome has been. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Tracheostomy anyone?
I doubt you could find a doctor who would do that procedure.

The machine you have is not designed to treat central or complex apnea. is an upgrade to a ASV machine something you would consider?

(Moderator Note: I split this thread off from the old 2013 thread mentioned above.)

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split]Innisfree - Therapy Thread Innisfree 1 232 01-09-2024, 07:56 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Need help with Clear Airway Events. rizlah 11 873 09-12-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: rizlah
  [split] GoodSleepHunting Therapy Thrapy Thread GoodSleepHunting 3 441 09-08-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] Wellue O2Ring Questions NelsonM 4 541 07-05-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.