Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
RE: 18 mths of apap: need help optimizing settings to feel better
...median reference line on both RR and TV, please.

gl
Post Reply Post Reply
...to better understanding your curves: on what medications you would be? If any....
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
1. do you want me to revise the charts in post #213 or new ones from last night at your suggested settings, or both?

2. meds: atenolol, atorvastatin & baby aspirin for blood pressure, losartan for cholesterol, ripinirol for periodic limb movement, testosterone. frequently I use a certain strain of cannabis concentrate before bed that helps me sleep through plm.

3. new charts to follow later today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just so anyone looking on, myself included, can get on the same page, you're no longer on an ASV stated on your left panel profile and on a VAuto, is that accurate? I'm sure you're not adjusting Ti Min, etc. on a ResMed 10s ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes. experimenting with vauto. changing settings frequently and noting so in posts. I was going to change the profile if I don't revert to asv soon but your question tells me I shouldn't wait. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2019, 11:45 AM)sheepless Wrote: 1. do you want me to revise the charts in post #213 or new ones from last night at your suggested settings, or both?...revised from post 213, Epamin 8.0....PS: 5.0,  will be fine, to save time....

2. meds: atenolol, atorvastatin & baby aspirin for blood pressure, losartan for cholesterol, ripinirol for periodic limb movement, testosterone. frequently I use a certain strain of cannabis concentrate before bed that helps me sleep through plm.  

3. new charts to follow later today....good !

gl
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2019, 12:40 PM)sheepless Wrote: yes. experimenting with vauto. changing settings frequently and noting so in posts. I was going to change the profile if I don't revert to asv soon but your question tells me I shouldn't wait.  thanks.

I appreciate the info edit. It just helps any here on AB know what you're on. Thanks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
mper (and anyone else that's interested), from last night according to your preferred arrangement and your suggested settings.  except apparently I didn't reduce max ipap from 13 to 12 but that's interesting inasmuch as pressure varied slightly and may not have actually reached 13, at least not for very long.   I'll revise charts in post #213 a bit later.  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, sheepless

apologies, short time available for now; maybe more details later on:

_your graphs are going as predicted ( see attached);
_ too many arousals/awakenings, both PLMS (more) and FL; as well as false obstruction events;
_ we should try keep on trying taming remaining FL first:

next night could be EPAPmin 7.6, PS: 5.2, IPAP max: 12.8. There is room to improve FL’s (flagged + unflagged) ;

_looks sleep through some PLMS stretches;
_ may have experienced some REM around 23….and 2;55;

Good  luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Mper.   

This is really good tracking and analysis work.   

It would be good to see EPAP Min tracked on Chart 3 as well.  Would be very interesting to see how changes in PS+EPAP play off each other to influence the other four measures.   

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 550 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 719 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.