Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Waking up
[split] Waking up
Hello, I am new to this site also, and I am having the same issue, waking up several times at night. I have been trying to see what times I wake to see if it correlates with any of these sleepyhead readings. For me, I think I am waking when a series of the events occur.  I was told that your flow rate is tracking your breathing pattern, so look at that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up
Oldfart59,
If you haven't tried this, a simple "bookmark" can be made by cycling the On/Off of your CPAP.  Your SleepyHead data will then show the times that you did this, thus allowing you to see what was occurring that caused you to create this point.
Sleep-well
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up
(07-30-2017, 10:16 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Oldfart59,
If you haven't tried this, a simple "bookmark" can be made by cycling the On/Off of your CPAP.  Your SleepyHead data will then show the times that you did this, thus allowing you to see what was occurring that caused you to create this point.
Sleep-well

thanks, I will try that tonight! Thanks Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Waking up
(07-30-2017, 09:29 AM)oldfart59 Wrote: Hello, I am new to this site also, and I am having the same issue, waking up several times at night. I have been trying to see what times I wake to see if it correlates with any of these sleepyhead readings.

Welcome to Apnea Board. What you're experiencing is called sleep fragmentation. It is relatively common among many of us who suffered with untreated sleep apnea for probably decades. Our brains are so used to waking up to breathe that it takes a while to realize that the CPAP machine makes it okay to stay asleep.

Quote:For me, I think I am waking when a series of the events occur.  I was told that your flow rate is tracking your breathing pattern, so look at that.

The flow rate is indeed a record of your your breathing. When it falls below a certain level it's flagged as an event, so all you have to do is look for events immediately preceding the awakening. When I do that I find none. But as the months and years go by the problem resolves itself. If it doesn't, you can try compression therapy or drugs like Trazodone. Talk to your doctor.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 1 40 29 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 394 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 259 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 191 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.