Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weinmann SOMNObalance suitable for central apnea?
RE: [split] Weinmann SOMNObalance suitable for central apnea?
Interesting graphs, and I'd like to learn more about how you put them in Sleepyhead. I would agree these are likely CA events. The first one commences on an exhale, and the next four charts show an inhale, followed by breath-holding. The odd breathing pattern is a quick inhale, breath-hold, quick exhale and inhale. Almost like sniffing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
to be honest, I have no clue at all why the machine is NOT flagging some of what you showed as "apneas".
Looking at that detail-level is one thing the SB is really bad at. Resolution of the chart you are seeing is 5 Hz - meaning one data-sample every 200 ms. If in doubt: always look on the total-flow.

If there is nothing at all during that times in the status-graph the machine "missed" it. I have so far only seen some of such events - meaning 1 or 2 a whole night. Compared directly to an "in home sleep study" (PG) not all but most of those got flagged by the PG as apneas.
I have no clue if it is: a bad machine (sensor), a fault in the firmware, an unknown event to SH, or if it is "correct" (in plain technical detection terms) - 5Hz is not good enough to know if there was no flow at all - maybe there was a short spike which made the machine think: "he is breathing" again.
(the lower resolution is just on the data-card - internally the machines use a much higher resolution - I guess at least 50Hz or more)

just by the way: the SB has an analogous outlet (for 2 channels which you can choose "freely") . I haven't played around with that so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I took off the mask when I was half awake and I didn't put it back on. I didn't even remember it. I recorded what has happened with my pulse oxymeter. Sleeping without mask is a bad thing!

[Image: Tde8xZP.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
These are ugly set of apneas. SPO2 looks much better even with plain fixed pressure compared with nothing.

AHI value (and other stats) are extremely noisy, especially when you are just starting out and trying stuff. I would not draw conclusions from the difference between AHI 2.84 and AHI 3.26 for one night. It is more reliable to go over the flow and see which events happened and whether they indicate pressure change.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was talking with JediMark last night after seeing this graph, because I was not aware that Sleepyhead was supporting the Weinmann Somnobalance.  Here are his comments:

Quote:I started implement a test for Weinmann data, but efforts got shelved because of the immense amount of work supporting the top two brands.

I meant to disable it because it wasn't ready for Alpha testing, but forgot.

I pointed to this thread and commented it seemed to be working fine.

Quote:Someone else finished it?
It was sort of reading when i left off it
They were the only company that offered documentation.
My problem was getting my hands on data or machine samples.

It's interesting to see the graphs displaying so well. Did you do any modifications to the program, or is this the current functionality?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice the chart differentiates between clear airway and obstructive hypopnea - fantastic!
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider:
Another member of Apnea Board added improved Weinmann Somnobalance support to SleepyHead code, and he sent me his version, but because, as he said ,"the disclaimer (this comes without any warranty - don't sue me) is null and void" in his country, he is still in the process of releasing the code. I hope the modifications will be merged into official SleepyHead code base soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a problem, and JediMark is fine with it. I would like to have the code to pass along to Mark. We can also discuss this in the Sleepyhead Support forum. This is an open-source software, and this progress can simply be added to the upcoming revisions to include the Philips AutoSV Advanced. It's great that this has been done, and all I'm asking is that we share it with the author. You may contact me by PM or email if you prefer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have auto-Start / Stop activated: just deactivate it ... usually one wakes up (completely) if it keeps on blowing^^

If it would be me, I would turn off SoftPAP (the exhale pressure relief) and see how that goes regarding your central events ... 5cmH20 and SoftPAP gets you DEEP in the "unsure" range regarding obstructive / central differentiation.
Post Reply Post Reply
@TBMx:
Thanks! I'll try to turn of off Auto-Start/Stop and SoftPAP. With those options on, the results on Pmin 4 hPa, 5 hPa and 6 hPa were almost the same.

@Sleeprider:
I hope that the author of the code will commit his modifications to SleepyHead code base.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 155 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 330 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,709 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,621 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 155 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,140 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 678 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.