Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Wellue/Viatom Oximeter Issues & Concerns
[split] Wellue/Viatom Oximeter Issues & Concerns
(11-11-2022, 10:53 AM)StratCat48 Wrote: Another problematic issue is the cable that is used to read the data. The USB end that connects to the PC houses some electronics on a PC board. The cable wires that attach to the circuit board are prone to breaking as the cable is flexed and may not read the dat or charge. I have a couple times resoldered the wires to the PC board. New cables have been available on Amazon at a reasonable price (I bought a spare for $10, currently $20).
1) use Bluetooth, you only need the cable to charge it
2) all microusb cables are interchangeable, it’s a standard. You don’t need a matching one.
3) Look for AUFU or any 540 degree magnetic charging cable on amz or your seller of choice. Plug the little magnet connector tip into your device (I have these in everything that uses a microusb) and the cable will connect to it magnetically.  Good magnetic cables have heads that do 540 degree rotations (180 in one direction, 360 in the other) so even during use device cables are never at a bad angle and put near-zero excess pressure on the connector board.  
If you really want to use data via cable rather than Bluetooth, they make data capable 540 degree magnetic cables too, and they work fine, they’re just not compatible with the charge only cables/tips.

Also, oximeters work best on the middle finger of your dominant hand, the thumb came in #2, followed by the index finger, so no reason to force it onto your thumb if that’s uncomfortable. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...po=26.9231
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best O2 sensor?
1) use Bluetooth, you only need the cable to charge it
If you can tell me how to get a Windows based PC with BT to connect to the O2Ring with the O2 Insight Pro app I'll give it a try. Does connect to my phone, but migrating any data to use in OSCAR would be a pain.

Repairing the data cable is no big deal. Better than 50+ years as an electronics engineer/tech and hobbiest. The data cable gets plugged into a USB extension cable to save wear and tear on the ports in the PC.

3) Look for AUFU or any 540 degree magnetic charging cable on amz or your seller of choice. Plug the little magnet connector tip into your device (I have these in everything that uses a microusb) and the cable will connect to it magnetically.  Good magnetic cables have heads that do 540 degree rotations (180 in one direction, 360 in the other) so even during use device cables are never at a bad angle and put near-zero excess pressure on the connector board.  
Do be careful using these that they don't pull onto a piece of metal and bridge/short the exposed contacts. Some computers may not provide as good of protection for USB power faults as others. A friend that uses a similar magnetic USB charging connection for her watch experienced a PC blue screen fault when the magnetic end grabbed a paper clip on her desk.

Also, oximeters work best on the middle finger of your dominant hand, the thumb came in #2, followed by the index finger, so no reason to force it onto your thumb if that’s uncomfortable. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...po=26.9231
The small 1% difference in SPO2 is not that significant to make me change what I've been doing for several years. I've tried a regular clip on oximeter several times on both hands, different fingers and the difference was negligible.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Wellue/Viatom Oximeter Issues & Concerns
Need a little help with importing Wellvue data...
How do I display or overlay my oximetry data in the Oscar graphs?

I don't see any menus or flags to see the oximetry data. I successfully imported the data per the instructions, but don't see how to display it along with the events/ahi/flows/etc.

TIA, MHR
Post Reply Post Reply
Based off your opening statement, please read this Wiki:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import

By default, these parameters should be checked in your Preferences ⇾ Waveforms ⇾ Oximeter Waveforms.  The oximeter values, for both SpO2 and Pulse, will have an entry in the Daily Statistics section on the left, and a graph on the right.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
The chart data will be at the bottom of the chart area. Two new charts: Pulse and SpO2

Also on your details, you should see the CPAP session start and duration at the bottom of the summary on the left and below that will be the Oximeter session times.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 52 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,214 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.