Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] msavarese (Therapy Thread)
RE: [split] msavarese (Therapy Thread)
We prefer any reports be redacted, and that you just use your forum name as the Oscar user-name. I suspect we will be here when you're ready.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

Here are my Oscar charts. Hoping this is what you want.

Thanks, Mike Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the charts, well done! Your charts from March 1 show you are getting very good efficacy from the lowest pressure possible on your Vauto with EPAP 3, IPAP 4 (PS 1). Therapy appears to provide for normal respiratory volume and rate of respiration with few apparent arousals or events. Therapy is moderately fragmented into 5 sessions over 8 hours. There is no flow limit being recorded, and I don't know if that is a function of the very low pressure or accurately represents inspiratory flow limits as indicated by a lack of flattening of the inspiratory wave.

Your main complaints of continued aerophagia and lack of air present a conflicting pair of requests for less pressure to aggravate aerophagia, and more pressure support to support inspiration. To get more air without increasing pressure, I recommend you up-size your nasal pillows to the next larger size. I don't have information on your mask or nasal pillow size, but a larger nasal pillow flows more air. You could try increasing pressure support by increasing IPAP in 0.2 cm increments at the risk of making aerophagia worse. I wish I had more, but you are at the lowest pressure possible and apparently getting very good results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

I sincerely appreciate your assessment! FYI: I'm not having issues with lack of air any more. It's been amazing how my body adjusted to the lower pressure over time and then I lowered it some more, which is how I got it this low. Last year, at this time, I couldn't breath if the IPAP pressure was below 6.0 cmH2O. I read an article or 2 that suggested to reduce the pressure a little at a time and let your body adjust, which is what I did every time my AHI was below 3 for a period of time.

Again, Thanks for your assessment! Mike
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,210 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.