Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP
RE: srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP
SR: I see them now. I will set up a night camera and see if I can't get to the bottom of what I'm doing.
Behavioral scientist who just wants some damn sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be nothing at all, but it could be a good project for a behavioral scientist...I do know the tedious hours of observation you guys are known for.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The following graph shows normal breathing going into distorted wave shapes resulting in a Pulse Change. If you look at the Events Flag area, the only flag in the zoomed area is Pulse Change (PC)  from my Wellue Pulse/Oximeter. I started coming up with 0.00 AHI reports, the only thing left to chase on the events graph was PC & SD (SpO2 Drops).  

Your Double CA  showed some distorted wave shapes afterwards. From your spike in leak rate I suspect you held your breath, shifted position, your mask  re-adjusted therefore the leak spike and leak rate settling at a lower rate after that, the following Flow Rate wave shapes would suggest a possible Upper Airway Restriction.

When I have a double CA  of 24 seconds duration it will drop my SpO2 below 80% to the 70% range, Yours was ~40 second duration, my O2 would have pegged at 70% SpO2. That is the lowest my Pulse/Oximeter will report.

But then again I'm a sensitive type of person. Dielaughing

We each have our own reasons for using *Pap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I haven't done any follow up except for changing the trigger to Very High yet. Plan is still to observe my sleep with a night camera soon. That said, my CAs have been eliminated the last 3 nights. Subjective restedness is slightly improved.

UR, I am learning I am quite, quite sensitive as well.

I don't know what this board's stance on UARS is, but I am becoming quite convinced it's a separate (or at least cognate) pathology from OSA that is characterized, in part, by a low arousal threshold.
Behavioral scientist who just wants some damn sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
As for UARS:  https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ome_(UARS)

Dr. Steven Parks has some YT videos and podcasts of interest, he likes to sell books & stuff, as a behavioral scientist you might find his approach to sleep hygiene a logical approach to doing all that we can to prepare for a restful night of sleep. 

https://doctorstevenpark.com/sleep-apnea...e-syndrome

Dr. Barry Krakow is interesting.You can google some of his YT videos and podcasts.

https://barrykrakowmd.com/about-dr-krakow/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 471 4 hours ago
Last Post: Dalemazkour
  New to Apnea and APAP, looking for OSCAR feedback myklu 4 84 Yesterday, 12:19 PM
Last Post: myklu
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,024 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,830 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 82 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 232 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  New to BiPAP Therapy: Seeking Guidance on Settings Kevinbipap 4 148 04-24-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Kevinbipap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.