Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

startle gasp event
startle gasp event
I've been using my apap machine with nasal pillows for months now with no big issue but starting to see events on occasion where I wake up and feel like somebody is choking me or the machine is malfunctioning. This event didn't register as an apnea but it made me wake up in a panic and rip my mask off, any thoughts or ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: startle gasp event
Well you made it for all of 37 minutes and ended with a panic reaction. You have just defined hyper anxiety. Somehow, you just have to get back on the horse and finish the ride. There is absolutely nothing here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like a central. Central are recorded if it is 10 seconds or longer. It appears this one was about 8 seconds so it is not long enough to be recorded.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a long (ish) term CPAP user now with 7/8ish hours of use a night. This has started only within the past month or so. I def have had more anxiety recently but my stats show centrals are much higher recently as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why don’t you post a full night sleep you had with OSCAR charts we may be able to help or let you know everything is ok.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the most recent full nights sleep.  I had a surgery recently so sleep has been pretty fragmented and interrupted recently.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks pretty good!  Keep trying to get use to it it does take a little while.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 388 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 328 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 460 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  What is a 'Clear Airway' Event? dreamstream 13 16,346 08-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: nallac
  Cheyene Stokes event - first ever in 120 nights Willgetthere 2 510 08-27-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Willgetthere
  [Diagnosis] Is this indicative of most events happening during REM? | What is a respiratory event Dire 4 552 08-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Dire
  CA with arousal before event VS no arousal sleep2023 1 516 08-01-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.