Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

still feeling tired
still feeling tired
I have been using a cpap machine since 2017 but I just got around to looking into my data with OSCAR. Here are PDF reports for the last two days.

I'm using the dreamweaver nasal pillows and I just started wearing a cervical collar to keep my chin up and mouth closed. I took it off sometime in the middle of the night without waking up both nights.

Any insights? Before I tried the cervical collar I never got down below 5 AHI. I'm still feeling tired and I'm wondering if I get my AHI down to 1 if I'll feel better.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: still feeling tired
welcome to the board.  I imagine you are aware that the Pap machine you are using has been recalled.  There is a huge thread on the recall if you want to read it.

You said you used a collar - it did not work very well, both nights you had positional apnea.  that is also known as chin tucking and it cuts off your air flow.  No changes in the machine will help, own staying out of that position will take them away.  Maybe you just need to re position it or tighten it to make the collar work, or you may need another one..  The main measurement other than the size around the neck it the distance between your chin and sternum.

Only other think I see is your flex is at 3 and many people here do much better on 2 so you should give that a try.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer. I was hoping for an easy fix Big Grin
I'm aware of the recall. I've never used SoClean. I'm waiting for them to send me a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
also set your min pressure =8  may go higher but lets see what we get first
PR machines NEED higher min to get ahead of the events because on the algorithms they use.  I'd also increase this if it was a ResMed, but not as much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Trying min=8 and flex=2 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 116 Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 221 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 375 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 468 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 286 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,408 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 282 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.