Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: devilbiss
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
still tired
I use a devilbiss intellipap set at 5-15. My AHI's are around 6 still, and I feel pretty tired. No major leaks showing. I also have problem with stomach air which limits use. Any suggestions?
01-30-2015 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: still tired
how long have you been using your machine? I would suggest that you get some software and look at your data and see if you can see anything off and you can also post those graphs here and we can help you better. I am not sure if sleepyhead works with your machine but it is a free download. I think that it would be beneficial to raise your lower pressure in small increments because 5 is low and that could contribute to not getting enough air and apneas not being treated. I am sure others will have more suggestions for you.

welcome to this forum. it has a wealth of information and members that are very helpful.
01-31-2015 12:24 AM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

do you read the AHI from the machine screen? is it really consistent? when you say you feel tired, do you feel more fuzzy headed or exhausted, or sleepy? do you dream often, rarely, or hardly ever?

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
01-31-2015 01:00 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
TheManseHen Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: RedMed A10 Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: One that came with machine
CPAP Pressure: 7.6-14.0 EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started C-pap Boxing Day 2014. Tortured sleep more or less since 2000. Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Sex: Female

Welcome DBobrow,
There seem to be a lot of us January joiners on the list. I don't have any bright answers for you. I too haven't been able to get my avg daily AHI under 6. Are yours mostly OSA (obstructive) or Central events?

Susan
01-31-2015 02:10 AM
dbobrow Offline

New Members

Machine: devilbiss intellipap
Humidifier: devilbiss
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Looking closer at the report, my 90 and 95% pressures are 8.5 and 9.5. My EPI is 6. The AHI is pretty consistent, I think. Dreaming is pretty high, and the more I dream, the worse I sleep. Can this machine adjust exhalation pressure, or would that need a bipap machine? That might help the stomach air, I gather. I guess I'll try increasing the lower pressure for starters.
01-31-2015 09:52 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

My opinion is that you are doing fine, and you will be getting better soon. Your mad dreaming is probably what they call REM rebound. I think you should give it another week doing just what you are doing.

If you change anything, you might want to adjust your start pressure up from 5 to about 6 or 6.5 and see if that changes anything.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
01-31-2015 10:21 PM
3porpoise Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt ASV
Mask Make & Model: Resmed mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: epap 5 PS 3-8
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: the world hasn't always been flat

(01-31-2015 09:52 PM)dbobrow Wrote:  Looking closer at the report, my 90 and 95% pressures are 8.5 and 9.5. My EPI is 6. The AHI is pretty consistent, I think. Dreaming is pretty high, and the more I dream, the worse I sleep. Can this machine adjust exhalation pressure, or would that need a bipap machine? That might help the stomach air, I gather. I guess I'll try increasing the lower pressure for starters.

Hi dbobrow,
From what I've read , if you have smartflex you should be able to choose one of three comfort settings for exhale .Which intellipap do you have?
01-31-2015 11:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
kaustin6 Offline

New Members

Machine: unsure
Mask Type: Not using mask
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

tired
I have not used my cpap machine in over a year is there any way it could cause any pain in my shoulder and/or neck pain. also I was going to start using it, But I feel like I don't get enough air to breath. (it has been unpluged all this time could it have lost its setting.
thanks
02-01-2015 01:07 AM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

it would be helpful to know what kind of machine that you have and what kind of mask you have and what your pressure settings are and if you know according to your sleep study what kind of you have that would help us help you
02-01-2015 08:11 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

I would suggest a trip to your doctor because neck and shoulder pain can be caused by a lot of things some not as serious as others but if it has been ongoing for more than a day or two I would definitely recommend a visit to your doctor or if it becomes more painful a trip to the ER might be in order
02-01-2015 08:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Treatment] One Year in and still have tired days Sleepyv 17 479 12-01-2016 02:58 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  When does the "tired" feeling go away? Cranberry Ray 8 456 11-30-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  New, very tired, and need help beckysmith 35 1,291 11-28-2016 06:53 PM
Last Post: robysue
  Good stats, good sleep, but still tired... Lourens1190 14 841 11-03-2016 05:40 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [CPAP] still very tired and don't know what to do mlasham 30 1,462 10-10-2016 09:11 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  cpap therapy still tired wyu177 12 833 09-21-2016 09:32 AM
Last Post: wyu177
  extremely tired all the time. need advice. dorlow 63 4,403 09-11-2016 08:34 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse